• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Pierce Titanium long action

Rich Coyle

Forsale: used Pierce Titanium long action with magnum bolt face. $1,200 plus shipping.
001_zpsnniw9oxj.jpg

002_zpsu6rrdwkn.jpg

Did the action screws come with it? Or did you have to get them some where different? I am asking becomes mine did not come with action screws.

Thanks.

Did the action screws come with it? Or did you have to get them some where different? I am asking becomes mine did not come with action screws.

Thanks.

mmayberry,

I don't remember. I gathered the parts and took them to the gunsmith without paying attention to the specifics. But this one has them.

wildcater

Interesting. Mine also only has 2 places for action screws, not 3. I'll have to call them this week.

what was the previous build? and could it be used for a 338 edge build?

decoste,

If I already answered, please forgive me. I have been answering lots of questions.

The previous build was sorta a 6.5-.338 RUM. I used 7mmRUM brass but had about .100" longer neck. Ben at Hornady named it 6.5RUMLN for Reminton Ultra Mag Long Neck. The load I used was somewhat conservative. I ran 93.0 grains of US869 behind a Barnes LRX 127 grainer at 3,315 feet per second because that's where the accuracy came in. Once I had this load it was good enough. Some times good enough is.

I paid an additional $150 to get their lightening upgrade. I don't remember if the recoil lug is titanium or not. It is pinned so I can't weigh it without it. The receiver weighs 9.8 ounces without bolt and trigger.

Since it was functioning with a RUM case it should function with your RUM case. The opening is 3.797". It has the third screw for holding the front screw of the trigger guard. If I was building a longer round I would machine the female threads off and screw front of the trigger guard into the stock material like my Weatherby. That would allow you to use a 4" box. I have modified lots of stuff in my life, but this did not need any change to fit what I was doing.

Speaking of Weatherby. My six lug Weatherby finally arrived. It weighs a pound less than this Pierce rifle. The wildcat in the Weatherby is called 6.5SLR. That is Sue Loves Rich and doesn't hassle him about his wildcats.:D

I already sold the barrel, trigger, scope, rings, and brake. The stock and action are still here. The stock weighs 28 ounces and has a Weatherby shape.

Your .com friend,
wildcater

Gentlemen,

I have been answering a few private messages and thought I could answer some questions here.

The previous build was sorta a 6.5-.338 RUM. I used 7mmRUM brass but had about .100" longer neck. Ben at Hornady named it 6.5RUMLN for Reminton Ultra Mag Long Neck. The load I used was somewhat conservative. I ran 93.0 grains of US869 behind a Barnes LRX 127 grainer at 3,315 feet per second because that's where the accuracy came in. Once I had this load it was good enough. Some times good enough is. The accuracy demanded .120" from the lands.

I paid an additional $150 to get their lightening upgrade. The recoil lug is titanium. It is pinned so I can't weigh it without it. The receiver weighs 9.8 ounces without bolt and trigger.

The opening is 3.797". It has the third screw for holding the front screw of the trigger guard. If I was building a longer round I would machine the female threads off and screw the front of the trigger guard into the stock material like my Weatherby. That would allow you to use a 4" box. I have modified lots of stuff in my life, but this did not need any change to fit what I was doing.

Speaking of Weatherby. My six lug Weatherby finally arrived. It weighs a pound less than this Pierce rifle. The wildcat in the Weatherby is called 6.5SLR. That is Sue Loves Rich and doesn't hassle him about his wildcats.

I already sold the barrel, trigger, scope, rings, and brake. The stock and action are still here. The stock weighs 28 ounces and has a Weatherby shape.

I don't mind answering more questions

Your .com friend,
wildcater