Pierce Ti Featherweight

Jud96

There's been a lot of people looking into lighter actions and rifles lately. I just wanted to share with you guys the Pierce Ti Featherweight. This action is a Ti body and a Ti bolt. Both are DLC coated and this action has an anti-bind rail for added smoothness and ease of functioning. This really is one of the lightest actions on the market. Below is a picture of a long action version with all the parts ready to assemble including the recoil lug and a set of Talley rings. That's 19.2 oz ready to go! If you're looking into building an ultra light rifle I would seriously check one of these out! We make these with the highest level of detail, pride, and machining tolerances. They're just sweet actions!
94914ECF-C222-4869-8443-7CB3DA949A5B.jpeg

Why would the lug matter? I know when I bought mine it was offered as options. You could do a ti action and steel recoil or do a ti lug. Being built into the action offers less options and doesn't save any weight, and doesn't seem to be better for accuracy. So my guess is it to offer more options. A ti action with steel lug is still lighter than say an anti with lug.

I've seen plenty of guys that use them for comps. I see why it would be cool but I personally don't think it's necessary. I like the idea though. I've always liked rail integration also but rails are heavier than talleys so on my lightweight they get Talley style.
Plus I believe non of Kirby allen's action have it and I don't think anyone would argue that his rigs are not accurate enough for long range.

Integral lugs are 100% beneficial and are the choice action among 99.9% of shooters and builders especially when one wants too control head space too the nearest .0001" for prefits etc.
the question is... why NOT make them with integral lugs and rails if you have the ability in your machine shop and the high demand is there???? ..

and yes Kirby is running a lot of defiance deviant hunter all integral actions on his rifles now days.. i would say probably 5 to 1

Last edited:
I understand that they may be nice but I still do t believe they are needed my rifle from Kirby does not have one and it's great. They may be great for prefit but to say it's that much better is simple not true. The difference in accuracy could not even be measured with so many other variables. Not saying I wouldn't want one but it wouldn't get me to pick one over the other.
But to answer why not a rail. Because they are heavier than tally style. I like built in rails but they weigh more and are not more accurate than any rail properly placed on a solid action.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.