• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Pierce/Lane

gearguywb

Thought I would start a new thread instead of cluttering up the old one.

Looking for a Pierce 300 Norma Improved or a Lane in 300......something (Norma, PRC)

Have some trades if that help:
Leupold Mark 5 MOA
Deep South Tactical 300 WM

Your 28N should outrun the .300WM by a long shot (pun intended). I think the 300PRC or .300NMI would actually be even closer ballistically to the 28N, if you are running the 28 like it should be run!

Last edited:
I have not done much work with the 28 yet. Got it in time for an elk hunt so just used Hornady ELDX...did a fine job :).

Certainly the 300NMI will run a much heavier bullet. Looking at the 235's at around 3000+

I have not done much work with the 28 yet. Got it in time for an elk hunt so just used Hornady ELDX...did a fine job :).

Certainly the 300NMI will run a much heavier bullet. Looking at the 235's at around 3000+
A 230 @ 3000 is a nice, very moderate load in a 26" .300NMI. You will LOVE it!

Congrats on the elk. We couldn't make my son-in-law's elk hunt successful to try my new 28N w. 195s @ 3084fps. But, I have been on a bunch of others where a 28N w. 195s absolutely dumped bulls, cows, and bucks.