Pics of WY trip

SpencerSS

It's been a couple years, but since I'm new here, I thought I'd share:

Mine: Not a bad first Lope. Horn L~13" I don't remember any other measurements.
n23438853_43116115_5886.jpg

n23438853_43116117_7604.jpg

My cousin Teddy's: BC=79 Horn Lengths~15", Prong Lengths~6.5", Base cir.~7"
n23438853_43116118_8455.jpg

n23438853_43116127_1015.jpg

Rugged terrain
n23438853_43116153_1865.jpg

Not Bad for First timers, on public land, self-guided.

I allmost forgot. Our hunting machine: Since my truck wouldn't have made it to WY, and His is a 3/4ton deisel sucking beast. We rented a Pontiac Six.

n23438853_43141051_8322.jpg

SpencerSS,
Those are two real fine lopes...The best part of a good hunting trip is the time you share with friends & family....It does not depend on if you harvest something, nor the size or score of what you might bag...But rather it is the experience you have while you are there...It certainly looks like you and your cousin had a great time...My four sons and I have spent time hunting deer and antelope in 5 different states over the years since the early 80s, including SD, MT and now 5 times in WY and where we always have a great and successful time hunting antelope....At least one of us should draw a tag again this year and we will be back at it again this October in yet another totally new area to us...We have hunted 5 different antelope areas in WY and have found the country simply gorgeous and the antelope to be plentiful everywhere.....All DIY....
Congrats again and I really liked your "hunting rig"....Shows me that you weren't out road hunting and had to work for your lopes!:)

Nice goats. When I lived in Green River we used to hunt areas 59-112 south of Rock Springs. Lots of antelopes down there. Good dirt roads and miles of acreage to hunt. Really just about any area in Wyoming is good if you wish to kill a decent animal.

Good call on the hunting vehicle ( a rental ) unless you quarterd & boned & put in a cooler I wouldn't want an dead antelope in my trunk.
We hunted 90 - 1 north of Farson on the east side of I think 193 last Sept had a blast 4th goat hunt in Wyoming for me each time I hunted a different unit each time was not dissapionted by the amount of game.
This last trip myself my buddy & his son took mainly to try for some long range practice we got 3 in 1 hour & 45 min my only regret is we were done to soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.