Pics of the new camo job on my .308

Jeff In TX

I recently got my .308 back from Camo-it. They camo'd my LH Rem 700 .308 tactical rifle in the Montana Prairie Ghost camo. They do the water transfer camo process. The best thing is they did the whole rig including bi-pod. The rifle was built by Mike Lau at TBA and has a McMillan A3 stock, Mike Rock 26" SS barrel, 3-postion safety, Jewell trigger, Leupold Tactical 6.5–20X50mm LRM1, MGW 20 degree scope bases, Badger Ordnance rings, Winchester steel floor plate and Harris Bi-pod.

I'm heading to the range on Wed morning to resight in and start some serious load development.

IPPNR-LHRemingtonM40A3+.JPEG
UEDKV-LHRemingtonM40A3+sideview.JPEG

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

DAMMIT man -- I thought I was helping out with my last email, but it looks you are a picture posting pro now!!!

Don't drop it in the grass, I might find it
grin.gif
wink.gif
. You remember the old saying "Finders keepers Losers Weepers"
grin.gif
wink.gif

Dam good looking rifle. I took Chris's advice and looked up Celts site H.D.Rifles and fell in love waiting to see how the RATTLER turns out.

Jeff,

Sweet.. between you and CJ .... you have guys going crazy trying to figure out how to get extra $$ away from the little woman...

I went to their site.. no prices!! gotta call.. I hate that!!

so what does a job like that cost a guy????

To do the whole gun including scope, mounts rings and two bi-pod (short & tall) was $150.00. The only thing they couldn't do was the scope covers. Currently the film won't stick to that type of rubber.

I actually did three guns, they also did my .45 and Rem 1100. All told the everything ran me $300.00. They did a fantastic job. I was able to work with them on pricing since I had 3 guns.

They do fantastic work

[ 08-26-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

Jeff,

Thanks.. but my wife doesn't thank you....

How durable is the finish supposed to be.. I see you have it on one of your tacticals but do you think I would withstand a tactical beating??
shocked.gif
grin.gif

This is the same type finish they put on the new shotguns, only theres is 2mm thick and Camo-it uses 3mm film. My buddy has beat the snot out of his shotgun here in Tx with all the mesquite and cactus and it wears very well. I had a heck of time scraping off a small piece under the receiver.

I guess time will tell, but when I torque down the nuts on the scope rings, it didn't mar the finish at all.

Hope it helps

[ 08-26-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.