Pics of my smallest 1k group to date (3 shots)

goodgrouper

Ok, I will admit that I am proud of this one even though it is just a 3 shot group. I was re-testing loads this day for 1000 yard chuck hunting when I shot this personal record with my 6.5-.284 at 1000 yards.

Before JB100br slams me for only shooting 3 shots, let me explain that I had one more bullet left of this load, but after looking in my spotter at this group, I just didn't want to screw it up! It measures 2 1/4" x 2 1/4". The load was 49 grains of RL 22 with a 140 grain Berger VLD. It clocked at 3075 fps and had a standard deviation of 5 fps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
meand1kgong.jpg

GG,

Very impessive, a bit to the right though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Very nice. When you can put the first three that close at 1000 yards, why would you need shots 4 and 5????

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks guys for your kind words.

The rifle is a blueprinted Remington 700 with a 31" Pac-nor five groove, 8 twist barrel. The brake is a custom seamless designed by my gunsmith. The trigger is a Jewell, and there is a solid single shot follower installed. The stock is an H.S. precision Sendero stock underneath 40 hours of fiberglass body putty shaping and 3 pounds of wheel weights mixed in. Then I had a car painter friend of mine put a custom pearl blue finish on it to top it off.
The rifle wears a Leupy long range target 8.5-25 inside Burris sig rings with 10 minutes added in. The bases are Ken Farrell 20 moa tapered.
Here it is:
65andswift.jpg

The bottom gun is my uncle's 220 swift in a Win 70 stealth.

Great shooting GG!! 3 shots is enough when it looks like that! I generally only go 3 shots because "I" tend to screw it up on #'s 4 and 5 if the first 3 are good. I know my rigs are capable but I'm not always capable. I'ts something about that tiny little group after 3 shots that makes me nervous. I have shot 3 into a nice quarter moa group and then let my buddy shoot the last two just to keep me from blowing it!
Very nice shooting for the 1k mark indeed GG!!

me? slam? never /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

THat is a great 3 shot group -- no doubt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

my best three shot group that i coul measure was 0.075 at 200yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif -- since i never shoot 3-shot groups cept to check leade advancement, that is all i got.

it is good that you have those bergers shooting so well at a GOOD speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Great shootin' GG. I think I'll have to give those Bergers, and maybe some RE22, a try in my new 6.5x284. So far she ain't cooperating worth a dang. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

VH

VH

Great shooting!!! Someone is screwing on those barrels well.

Someone is shooting well too...Good Stuff

Jerry

That is a great group. I would of stopped after 3 too. You can't get much better than that. I hope my Pac-Nor 6.5 twist 22 cal shoots half that good with Richards 100 grainers. Good Shooting

Thats super duper Grouper but I can clearly see where you painted over the other shots. I can't believe no one else saw that.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.