Pics of my 6.5 x 47 Lapua build

jdefranc938

Well, I just received my custom 700 project. As if you couldn't tell from the title of this post, I went with the 6.5 x 47 Lapua. I just finished breaking the barrel in and have a 5 shot group within .25" I haven't even tried load development yet, and I'm not overly sure how much further I will try haha. This was done with 120 SMK's so I will most likely try a more "ballistic bullet" for hunting purposes. :D
Parts List:
Remington 700 Short Action receiver
Bolt fluted by Kampfeld Custom
Blueprinted by my gunsmith
Bartlein SS barrel finished to 26" with an 8 twist
Gunsmith did a great job of blasting the barrel and "scotch-briting" it for a nice stainless matte finish
McMillan A1-3 stock with 45% black/ 30% dark grey/ 25% white
Tubbs SpeedLock Firing Pin
Holland recoil lug
Williams complete bottom metal
Engraving done by Kampfeld Custom
Jewell trigger
Seamless muzzle brake
Leupold Mark 4 base
Leupold Mark 4 30mm rings
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 M1 with TMR
with Alumina flip up caps
sideview.jpg

Sorry it's a little blurry... When I get around to it, I will take a better picture!
bolt-1.jpg

Nice view of the spiral fluted bolt!
brake-1.jpg

Seamless muzzle brake
caliber.jpg

6.5 x 47 Lapua!! And the gunsmith's stamp, he did a great job!
thedoctor.jpg

And this was my way of customizing this rifle just a bit more!

Hope you all enjoy!!

I'm honestly not sure of the actual manufacturer. My smith, uses them exclusively and has been very impressed with them. So far, I'm as equally impressed! Sorry I can't give you a definite answer

This is the load I decided on for hunting. It is a 130gr Berger VLD sitting on top of 38.7 of H4350 with a velocity of 2694. Using Lapua brass and CCI BR-4 primers. This was 3 shots at 100yds. From center to center it measured .115"
doc.jpg

At the time the zero was at 100 yds, but it was high because I forgot to click the scope back down to zero after shooting at a hog. Tomorrow morning, weather permitting, I will rezero it at 200 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.