Pics of Blued Action and SS Barrel

jasonprox700

I've decided to build a .300 WM. I would like to build it on a stainless action, but I've been having a hard time finding one. I do have a .30-06 that I bought as a donor rifle, but it has a blued action. How would a blued action with a fluted stainless steel barrel look? Could someone post some pics for me or point me in the right direction?

It looks fine

240w7.jpg

Looks even better after you kill something

686buck.jpg

Looks pretty **** good to me...I say go for it. Buffalobob, very nice looking rig.

I think they look great that way, especially with a bead blasted barrel. I think some of the Winchester Coyotes were that way. Real sharp. Or coat the whole action and barrel, Chercote or Duracote.

If you don't care for the 2-tone look, the Robar NP3 finish is very close to bead blasted stainless. I had an Encore frame coated and unless you get the light just right, you can't see the difference between the frame and barrel.

If you don't care for the 2-tone look, the Robar NP3 finish is very close to bead blasted stainless. I had an Encore frame coated and unless you get the light just right, you can't see the difference between the frame and barrel.

I forgot about that. I saw a gun at a local gunshop that had that done. I have to say, it looked pretty nice. I like that bead blasted look.

jasonprox700

M700 blueprinted action, Tubb Recoil Lug, Hart #5 24" Fluted barrel 280 AI pillar bedded into a LSS stock.
JD700280AI.jpg

280AI.jpg

JD6pt111507.jpg

JD338

jasonprox700

M700 blueprinted action, Tubb Recoil Lug, Hart #5 24" Fluted barrel 280 AI pillar bedded into a LSS stock.

I do like that. The more I've been looking, the more I think I might like a laminated stock.

BTW, how do you like youre AI? I have a Ruger M77 MkII in a .280 that I want to improve.

jasonprox700

She is a smooth shooter. I have shot 120 gr BT, 140 gr AB and 160 gr AB and they all shoot very well.
I am kind of partial to the 160 gr AB as it is a do all bullet.

JD338

JD338, Very nice looking rig. I like your choice of colors on the laminated stock.

Here's a couple I "threw on the wood pile". My wife took the pictures and at the angle she was at the barrels look shorter than they are. They're both 26" factory tubes. The top is a Win70 HVB .243 Win and the bottom a Savage 112BVSS .300WinMag. Both shoot sub 1/2" and clean up great. I like the looks of the CM action and SS barrel. JohnnyK.

_MG_2622.jpg

jasonprox700

JD700280AI.jpg

280AI.jpg

JD6pt111507.jpg

JD338

Love the looks of that rifle..and those groups are excellent as well..Who did the work for you and what was the cost if you don't mind..

Mac

Sweet looking stocks Joel!!!
Cant aford flutes but have managed to put a few stainless barrels on blued actions.

Old Ruger tang in 308Baer
308baer%20010.jpg

The only Remington in the safe= 6-284

6-284.jpg

Ruger with an 8 twist 22-250 Barrel

22250ior.jpg

Savage in 6.5-284

DSCF0005_1.JPG

I fibbed a little, Savage J action with a flutted 243 barrel

09outandabout%20178.jpg

Almost forgot about the old lefty Savage with a flutted 204 barrel.....Its blue under the paint.

7-6-08%20Glens%20007.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.