Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

I believe Bergers should be used in single shot applications only. Running them in repeaters increases the risk of damaging the tips either riding in the magazine while the gun is fired banging the tip on the front of the magazine box during recoil or running a round hard and fast from the magazine into the chamber for a follow up.

Everything that can be done for tip maintenance should be done to ensure consistent performance.

I believe that the raw materials in there bullets have changed. My guess is the EPA has
stopped the use of of a certain material that they used in the core of the bullet. I remember reading a article during the bullet crunch a few years ago that they (the bullet manufacturers) were not going to be able to get a alloy that they were getting from China for the core to produce bullets. Just my 2 cents worth.

couesaddict,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Welcome to LRH.

Thanks. I'm with others on here in thinking that you're gonna have a possibility of a failure of some sort with just about any bullet. The issues I had with accubonds weren't the total deal breaker for me because I realize this, but the bergers also shot better in my rifle. My philosophy is, if the animal hasn't keeled over I keep feeding em lead. Just in case!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.