Pics of 1000 yard groups with Bergers seated deep

BMcKell

DSCN3267.jpg

DSCN3268.jpg

These are 3 shot 1000 yard groups from a Rem. Sendero 7mmSTW.
180 grain Berger hunting
3.665 OAL
3050 FPS
Retumbo
Mark 4 6.5-20
wind was 3 mph from 2 oclock

The group in the red had two touching and one about an inch below

I didn't have anything with me to measure them with, but the red circle is 10 inches and the white dot is about 1.5 inches

I also have a 300 ultra 700P that is grouping well with 210 grain Bergers seated to fit in the magazine, but not as good as the STW.

1250124112.jpg

This pic is my cold bore shot from my 300 ultra. First shot of the day. My spotter said he thought it went dead center but wasn't sure. We rode down to the target and it was dead center in the white dot. Pretty lucky huh? I was about to say "good enough" and pack up my stuff and go home.

Good shooting mate!

How far off the lands do you think those bullets were seated?

I'm not sure actually. I experimented with them touching and .010" off the lands and I couldn't get them to group. I read about someone else on this board that was loading them magazine length so I gave it a shot. Both of my rifles like them that way.

I am turning my 300 ultra into an Edge and will try them with it too. If Berger ever gets the 300 grainers built.

Awesome shooting brother! Welcome to the forum. Always good to see new faces around here! As you said, I would also just call it a day after a cold bore shot with your 300 RUM!! Heck with a shot like that you may just want to retire that barrel go ahead with the Edge project....or not:)

I would say it's at least 10'x10'. They have steel plate every 100 yards from 600 to 1000. I love being able to verify my trajectory at each range. It takes me 1.5 hrs to drive to the range, but I think it would take that long anyway to find a place and set up my own targets closer to home. There is always a cross wind there so it gives you good practice estimating wind.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.