Picking the right stock.

I don't have a Manners but I have two Grayboe Ridgebacks with the same characteristics. 7 mag and the other a 300wsm. I'm assuming it's the way the stock was designed but they don't kick like magnums

While my 6.5x284's have stocks ranging from conventional, A3 style, right through to chassis designs. For frequent carry and heavier cover, while still maintaining sufficient stability and ergonomics for a long shot, I favor the conventional designs. For predominately stationary, prone or stand shooting at long range I like the vertical grip designs of the A3 and chassis. For me they are easier to shoot, and more forgiving on the long shots.

I went with the Grayboe Phoenix and I love it for an all around stock. At 2 pounds it fits in lightweight category.
For what you will save putting your own rifle together get 2 AG A G stocks adj Alpine and the Cat or Priviteer . All my other stocks are traditional but my custom built 6.5 prc with the Alpine Hunter .I really like it but if I was carrying it on a mountain hunt I would prefer traditional ,I will be ordering another stock from A G composites in the near future AG makes a quality stock and have a very reasonable turnaround time.

I would have a look at a manners eh-1 with the carbon shell, no bedding block or adjustable cheek. Comes in pretty light and its easy to shoot from with a slight palm swell and vertical grip.
I have one in a short action, with a rem ti and a 25" carbon wrap barrel that come in at 7.8 pounds with a vx6hd 3-18 in a nightforce direct mount. Well balanced rifle and easy to shoot.

Greyboe Trekker

24oz for a discount if you're a Veteran, $599 normally.

My first departure from a more traditional hunting stocks to one with a vertical grip.

My rifle all up is 9lbs suppressed Omega 300, NF SHV 3-10X42, Warne MT rings and base. M700 .308 Win with 18" factory barrel.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons I want to go with AG is because it's a Veteran owned/operated company. I like supporting those.
They are great people and company. I was interested in their stocks a few years back but wanted to look at one. When I say look I mean hold it real close and rub my cheek against it. I call them up when I was traveling by Huntsville and they said stop by so I did. Got a tour and education on carbon fibers stocks. I got to holddd all of their stocks. Bad part is so did the wife she picked on out right away. Took her 2 seconds and I had been studying and searching stocks for months LOL

Thanks

Buck