Picking the right stock.

I

ingers007

I have the AG adjustable chalk branch and love. Little heavier, super solid.

Jack300WSM

Jack300WSM

I don’t have a Manners but I have two Grayboe Ridgebacks with the same characteristics. 7 mag and the other a 300wsm. I’m assuming it’s the way the stock was designed but they don’t kick like magnums

Greyfox

Greyfox

While my 6.5x284’s have stocks ranging from conventional, A3 style, right through to chassis designs. For frequent carry and heavier cover, while still maintaining sufficient stability and ergonomics for a long shot, I favor the conventional designs. For predominately stationary, prone or stand shooting at long range I like the vertical grip designs of the A3 and chassis. For me they are easier to shoot, and more forgiving on the long shots.

Horns&heels

Horns&heels

I went with the Grayboe Phoenix and I love it for an all around stock. At 2 pounds it fits in lightweight category.

H

Hard rock

I went with the Grayboe Phoenix and I love it for an all around stock. At 2 pounds it fits in lightweight category.
For what you will save putting your own rifle together get 2 AG A G stocks adj Alpine and the Cat or Priviteer . All my other stocks are traditional but my custom built 6.5 prc with the Alpine Hunter .I really like it but if I was carrying it on a mountain hunt I would prefer traditional ,I will be ordering another stock from A G composites in the near future AG makes a quality stock and have a very reasonable turnaround time.

North Idaho Hunter

North Idaho Hunter

LRH Sponsor
@GetReel If weight savings is your goal, the mesa altitude is hard to go away from.

25 ounces all up.

If you need help with that - let me know!

LongBomber

LongBomber

I would have a look at a manners eh-1 with the carbon shell, no bedding block or adjustable cheek. Comes in pretty light and its easy to shoot from with a slight palm swell and vertical grip.
I have one in a short action, with a rem ti and a 25” carbon wrap barrel that come in at 7.8 pounds with a vx6hd 3-18 in a nightforce direct mount. Well balanced rifle and easy to shoot.

ducky

ducky

Greyboe Trekker

24oz for a discount if you're a Veteran, $599 normally.

My first departure from a more traditional hunting stocks to one with a vertical grip.

My rifle all up is 9lbs suppressed Omega 300, NF SHV 3-10X42, Warne MT rings and base. M700 .308 Win with 18" factory barrel.

Last edited:
North Idaho Hunter

North Idaho Hunter

LRH Sponsor
One of the main reasons I want to go with AG is because it’s a Veteran owned/operated company. I like supporting those.
That is admirable.

Not to discredit AG - just a little unknown fact John and Chad (owners of mesa are both veterans as well.)

Bucklowery

Bucklowery

One of the main reasons I want to go with AG is because it’s a Veteran owned/operated company. I like supporting those.
They are great people and company. I was interested in their stocks a few years back but wanted to look at one. When I say look I mean hold it real close and rub my cheek against it. I call them up when I was traveling by Huntsville and they said stop by so I did. Got a tour and education on carbon fibers stocks. I got to holddd all of their stocks. Bad part is so did the wife she picked on out right away. Took her 2 seconds and I had been studying and searching stocks for months LOL

Thanks

Buck