PICKING THE RIGHT ONE

That 1:11 twist just kills me.

But I guess they figure that since it's a 30-06 length action, not long magnum, that nobody will want to run the heavy bullets anyway o_O

Another nod for the Browning is that they have begun using faster twist barrels, important for heavier bullets. I like the 280AI as well. The x-bolt Spped LR has a 26" 1-8 twist in 28 Nosler which is a good 1k round. Rifle comes with a muzzle break, good stock and Cerakote finish. I looked it up and you should find one for around $1,000. The Savage long range hunter comes in 280Ackley with a 26" barrel, muzzle break and 1-9 twist for around $850, spend more on glass.

Tikka T3X in 7mm Rem mag or 300 Win mag. 1'' moa guarantee, Under $700. Great trigger too. What are you waiting for?

but 168/180gr bullets are spectacular in 7mm & 30 caliber.

If you want optimum stabilization, the 1:9.5 7mm won't cut it for 7mm, esp when you limit COAL like a Tikka does.

I'm personally not intentionally loading up 168/180 class 30 cal bullets to shoot 1k.

I see no point in fitting a square peg into a round hole if starting from scratch. If he already had a Tikka, he could make it work. They're not set up correctly (other than 6.5 CM) for LR shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts