Picking a scope for my 7RM Zeiss or Leupold

VTbluegrass

Scope for my MRC X2 in 7Rem Mag. Looking at two basically. I like the Z4 4-16x44 (ZBR or ZMOA) or Leupold VX5 3-15X44 CDS windplex. Never got one outside of a store to look at under natural conditions. Also deals seem to be available on both. Price, weight, and features are what got me to these two. The SHV and PST are just starting to be heavier than I want on a sporter barrel rifle. Anyone have both for to give a comparison or other options also under $1000 no heavier than the Zeiss.

Come on Doug you know the Leica is better than both🙂. Lol
Obviously more expensive but what about the 2-10 I would take my 2-10 over my 16x on most other brands.

Swarovski and Leupold are the go to's for light weight & quality
I have a Z3 3-10 on my Kimber 30-06 and a VX3i CDS 3.5-10 on my 270. Want a few more x's on the next scope. A Z5 3.5-18x44 BT-4w would be awesome. Wouldn't happen to know someone who could get a deal on one? If I go that route its likely gonna have to be used to fit my budget and I'm not 100% about the turret. I would like to be able to more easily dial beyond or between three preset choices. The size of beanfield I have access to has grown from 300 yards across max to 700 yards and I wanted a little more options to dial-a-doe:).

March has some nice stuff and it's on sale right now,fwiw. I mostly use leupold these days ,and like the lighter scopes

Out of those two I'd go V4 all day. I demand that my scopes track, hold zero and return to zero 100% of the time so Leupold is out. My V4's have been perfect with many many rounds 100 yards to well over 1000 yards

I've owned both and the v4 had some issues with tracking, also the glass is noticeably darker than the the vx5 in lower light

I own, use, and like both the VX-5HD and Zeiss V4. If I had to pick one, it'd be the Zeiss for sure. The extra couple ounces are worth it for the build quality, features, reliability.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts