Picking A Rifle

Thanks, I don't know alot about rifles yet,
I've had the same 30-06 for 24 years so I had never worried about it, and I've always used factory loads.

Thanks for everyones help, I'm going to pick up my new rifle a Remington modle 700 Sendero sf .338 ultra mag. With a Silver Leupold Vari-x III 3.5x10x40 scope. With a R3 limb saver recoil pad. And a vias muzzle break. $1300.00
smile.gif

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited by: spiritwolf1968 ]

Let me be frank here.
It sounds like you have a little experience with shooting, but that you've gone out hunting at least once with a gun you can't shoot with.
Please don't.
Take it to a range, and figure out how far out you can shoot under controlled conditions, and still hit within a 6" circle. Then keep your shots in the field to about 2/3 that (if 300 yd, then <200 yd.)
You'll thank me in a few years.
That gun is not going to just sit there and let you shoot it like your '06 did. It will definitely take some getting used to in order to perform like it was designed.
I hate the thought of some poor animal out there being used as a practice-target, though I know it happens all too often.

Enjoy the learning curve!
It's a big part of the fun!!!
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.