Picked Up A New One Today

I drove to Monument Pass today and met a great guy from here on LRH. (Agent82) I was supposed to meet him in Colorado Springs but since the weather was bad, he met me farther North. He gave me a great deal on a new Springfield 1911. I had already ordered a Rock Island that gets here on Tuesday but when I saw this one, I knew it was the one. That's it! I have to be done buying guns, gun stuff and hunting crap for a while. My wife is not happy with me! 🤣
Better to beg forgiveness then permission. Just make sure doghouse has comfortable accommodations.

Early 1944. I had it looked at by a "Buyer" over 15 years ago and he wanted to give me $2k cash for the pistol (right away) and $2k for the hand cut Ivory grips. It's a real shooter. Now when I was in the Corps every one of my 1911s rattled when you shook them. My last one had (3) different manufacture parts in it (slide, receiver, barrel) Well in the USMC we got all the spare parts from the ARMY.
I can't ever bring myself to sell this one. Maybe when I am ready to check out I'll sell it so Jill has more money;)

I would consider that a legacy and an investment. Just remember in your will that anyone wanting to sell it and split the money get's bought out for a dollar. HA!

Just have a GREAT relationship with you loving partner-WIFE and no problems. Should not have to hide what you buy, heck what if she was buying a $900 hair dryer to match you rifles pistols. Jill and i keep it in the open, although she uses all the pistols, ii only use her $900 combined hair rollers/dryers/flatststones. As my hair get longer I can get some good Curles! Everything is given and take in a marriage. Jill can take and I can give epically when I /we purchase firearms!!!