Picked Up A New One Today

Yep, got one of those with laser built into the grips setting on the nightstand beside the bed. And four extra mags. Great gun. Mine is the range officer.
I drove to Monument Pass today and met a great guy from here on LRH. (Agent82) I was supposed to meet him in Colorado Springs but since the weather was bad, he met me farther North. He gave me a great deal on a new Springfield 1911. I had already ordered a Rock Island that gets here on Tuesday but when I saw this one, I knew it was the one. That's it! I have to be done buying guns, gun stuff and hunting crap for a while. My wife is not happy with me! 🤣

I drove to Monument Pass today and met a great guy from here on LRH. (Agent82) I was supposed to meet him in Colorado Springs but since the weather was bad, he met me farther North. He gave me a great deal on a new Springfield 1911. I had already ordered a Rock Island that gets here on Tuesday but when I saw this one, I knew it was the one. That's it! I have to be done buying guns, gun stuff and hunting crap for a while. My wife is not happy with me! 🤣
Looks mighty pretty

Careful. 1911's are addictive and they have a really sneaky way of multiplying behind your back.

I went to gram my 1911 one day and found 3 more had snuck into the case.

1642455222581.png

Just one of several. Our favorite pistols are 1911s.
The picture:
Our PRIZED 1911. My father got this on while in the Navy during WWII. It is a Remington Rand with Hand carved IVORY Grips. I also have the original grips, Web Belt, Leather Holster and Leather Mag Holder. It's as accurate as some of our target 45s and high end Kimbers, which is very good for a Production Government 1911. Had many offers to sell over the years.
Yes they are addictive. I have built, rebuilt, have several for shooting, CCW and one new one with all new parts setting in a box just waiting to be built.

Attachments

• Remington Rand 45.jpg
    Remington Rand 45.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Remington Rand 45r.jpg
    Remington Rand 45r.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 35
So now that you have the Rock Island you take it with you on every gun deal. Get the new one and into the case and the RI into the waistband and voila....one out and one in! Just a thought...I would never do this...it is rather deceptive!

Sorry, can't resist....

1642461576590.jpeg

Just one of several. Our favorite pistols are 1911s.
The picture:
Our PRIZED 1911. My father got this on while in the Navy during WWII. It is a Remington Rand with Hand carved IVORY Grips. I also have the original grips, Web Belt, Leather Holster and Leather Mag Holder. It's as accurate as some of our target 45s and high end Kimbers, which is very good for a Production Government 1911. Had many offers to sell over the years.
Yes they are addictive. I have built, rebuilt, have several for shooting, CCW and one new one with all new parts setting in a box just waiting to be built.
Wow, that's a real old timer. Do you know the year of MFG? At some point in the 80's I think a bunch of 38-40 models were found still packed in grease in a bunker in The Philippines, our unit ended up with quite a few of them and our armorers worked a little magic on them. Fine shooters, wish I could have kept mine when I left.

Wow, that's a real old timer. Do you know the year of MFG? At some point in the 80's I think a bunch of 38-40 models were found still packed in grease in a bunker in The Philippines, our unit ended up with quite a few of them and our armorers worked a little magic on them. Fine shooters, wish I could have kept mine when I left.
Early 1944. I had it looked at by a "Buyer" over 15 years ago and he wanted to give me $2k cash for the pistol (right away) and $2k for the hand cut Ivory grips. It's a real shooter. Now when I was in the Corps every one of my 1911s rattled when you shook them. My last one had (3) different manufacture parts in it (slide, receiver, barrel) Well in the USMC we got all the spare parts from the ARMY.
I can't ever bring myself to sell this one. Maybe when I am ready to check out I'll sell it so Jill has more money;)