picatinny rail for rem 1100

hammer111

Hello, I have a rem 1100 w/hastings barrel. The receiver is drilled and tapped for scope rings.

I m thinking of using a picatinny rail on it. Has anyone done this mod. Which rail did you use. Thanks for any advice.

morning, I have a rem 11-87 with a coyote screw in choke. I had the receiver drill and taped for a Warne steel weaver type base. I can use warne steel rings or a eotech on the mount. the picko style base is basically the same. I swear by warne mounting products. t u m

just country

Last edited:
morning, I have a rem 11-87 with a coyote screw in choke. I had the receiver drill and taped for a Warne steel weaver type base. I can use warne steel rings or a eotech on the mount. the picko style base is basically the same. I sweargun) by warne mounting products. t u m

just country

thanks larry. I forgot to add that im having a big problem with eye relief. its either me or the scope or both.

i thought th picatinny would alow me to get the scope a little close to my eye.

i was hoping this would be a better alternative to shelling out big bucks for another scope.

I put a Nikon slug gun scope on my Berettaxtreme 2 slug gun. The scope is right at $200 I used warne 1" steel rings. The eye relief is normally a small problem depending of the length of the scope, position of the rings mounting on the rail. I buy 90% of all parts to my weapons online. I can shop around, call the vendors and get positive info.

Do u have any friends that hunt with a slug gun? If u belong to a shooting club ask a competent gunsmith about the eye relief problem. There is a reasonable explanation to the small problem.
LRH has a section on nothing but slug gun hunters. I know someone can help u.
Good luck.

Just Countrygun)

I agree with you Larry 100%. I do all my buying online and online classifieds like this one. Ill spend weeks researching an item and spend just as long looking for a good price.

Now ill give you a little insight to my sickness ah .... problem. I have 5 slot guns, rem 1100 with slug barrel. my first gun, very sentimental. A savage 12 ga slug, his ill brother the 220, and a 870 with a Hastings slug barrel, lastly a weatherby bin box smoth bore.

4 have scopes, yes I love shot guns . I'm sorry that's probably way too much info, but it's the only way to explain my reasoning.

Oh I have a Bushnell dusk to dawn on the 1100. It's not bad, I have it back as far as it will go and I have to move my head towards the scope to see through it properly. That's a big no no in shooting, and uncomfortable.

So I'm hoping the picatinny will bring the scope back a little more, all I need is maybe a inch or less. Woooo that was a long explanation, sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts