Photos (October 2014) Wyoming Antelope - SW of Tensleep, WY.

Lefty G-gear

Photos (October 2014) Wyoming Antelope - SW of Tensleep, WY.

Nikon D810 (36MP) camera, 70-200mm f/2.8 AFS - VR lens.

Attachments

• ANTELOPE2.jpg
    ANTELOPE2.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 149
  • ANTELOPE4.jpg
    ANTELOPE4.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 146
  • ANTELOPE5.jpg
    ANTELOPE5.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 144
  • ANTELOPE6.jpg
    ANTELOPE6.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 121
  • ANTELOPE7.jpg
    ANTELOPE7.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 131
  • ANTELOPE8.jpg
    ANTELOPE8.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 121
  • ANTELOPE9.jpg
    ANTELOPE9.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 143
I think that the Wyoming State record "goat" came from that area! About 30 miles from our home.....pretty neat area! Any one of those would be a nice handgun or bow "goat".....at least for me! :) memtb

I think that the Wyoming State record "goat" came from that area! About 30 miles from our home.....pretty neat area! Any one of those would be a nice handgun or bow "goat".....at least for me! :) memtb
A couple Monsters!
(September 2002) Old 2MP camera with a 10x zoom lens.
MM 17 Blue Bank Rd. (North) (El. 4600-ft.)
HWY between Tensleep and Worland, WY.
Bighorn Mountains and Cloud Peak (El. 13,166-ft.) in the background.

I had a screwed-up leg, sitting in my pick-up, and they came near me - during hunting season, only I wasn't hunting, just shooting pictures.
I think it was an 'Archery Only' area that year.
Maybe they were less spooked, since no rifle fire going on.

Attachments

• 2002A.jpg
    2002A.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 2002B.jpg
    2002B.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 2002C.jpg
    2002C.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 2002F.jpg
    2002F.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 2002K.jpg
    2002K.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 2002L.jpg
    2002L.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Drove through that uni several times on a deer hunt and also saw some real nice lopes. Premium antelope unit that takes max points in the draw.

A couple Monsters!
(September 2002) Old 2MP camera with a 10x zoom lens.
MM 17 Blue Bank Rd. (North) (El. 4600-ft.)
HWY between Tensleep and Worland, WY.
Bighorn Mountains and Cloud Peak (El. 13,166-ft.) in the background.

I had a screwed-up leg, sitting in my pick-up, and they came near me - during hunting season, only I wasn't hunting, just shooting pictures.
I think it was an 'Archery Only' area that year.
Maybe they were less spooked, since no rifle fire going on.
So, had you been hunting, which one would you have taken. I see two good pronghorn. One is tall and thick--probably a little older, and one wide and average thickness. I think I would have taken the wide one. Sticking one with an arrow would be a treat, but I kinda like the sound and smell of gun powder, so I would have to .338 him into my truck.

Only speaking for myself .....early in rifle I'd pass on all. With a handgun, either of the 2 taller ones.....though I'm drawn to the wide one.

The two larger ones, have decent mass from cutter down, nice cutters, and the cutters are fairly high above the ear tips.....but both are very thin above the cutters!

All that said, I still don't have a good "goat"! :mad: My wife's the only one in the family that kills good "goats"! memtb

Only speaking for myself .....early in rifle I'd pass on all. With a handgun, either of the 2 taller ones.....though I'm drawn to the wide one.

The two larger ones, have decent mass from cutter down, nice cutters, and the cutters are fairly high above the ear tips.....but both are very thin above the cutters!

All that said, I still don't have a good "goat"! :mad: My wife's the only one in the family that kills good "goats"! memtb
I don't have any "goats". I hunted Douglas Wyoming one year and took a respectable mule deer, but the guy I was hunting with neglected to tell me that the place was overrun with "goats," so I did not but a tag. Silly me. Never saw a giant one on the property we were hunting, and have little to no experience judging "goats," but we saw one along the highway that made the local guy riding with us gasp. I'm pretty sure that "goat" would have qualified as a "wall hanger" for anyone. My buddy did get his "goat," along with everyone else on that trip. Silly me.

Treeslug, a couple of my wife's nicer "goats"! The one back and to the right is the better of the two. I have nothing to compare to these! :mad: memtb

1620589600162.jpeg

Last edited: