Phone Based Billistic Calculator

Doug Brownlee

OK, I am ready to trade in my flip phone of a smart phone. The Range in the area is too political when it comes to shooting on their 600 and 1000 yd range. The area I have been going to is a 50 mile drive so I need to take the Ballistics Calculator with me to collect the data required to cut a turret. So the question is which phone and what BC Program is the best. Does the LRH BC have a phone app?

Doug

Not sure if it's a Verzion or Apple app but Ballistic: Advanced Edition works well for me. I really like the slot machine type wheels that let you set the range, wind speed and direction. I think it was $19.95 but I've had it for several years.

If your new phone runs the Android operating system the Shooter App works great. It's what I use and is 1/3rd the money as Advanced Ballistic. 9.99 verses 29.99. on Google Apps.

I like the Shooter App. Have used it for several years and am satisfied with it. Used it with the Kestrel this weekend at a 500 yd match and it was right on with elevation and windage. You might want to check JBM out as it is free and a good program also. You could play with it and learn how to input your data. If you don't have the proper data to plug in none of the programs will work.
JBM - Calculations

Ballistic AE is my go to especially for windage issues
Hornady (on line) is great
IStrelok is great for BDC type scopes. Its Table Data is high when shooting beyond 600 yds.
Snipe has a ton of bullet info but also shoots high with Table Data beyond 300-400 yards.

Not sure if it's a Verzion or Apple app but Ballistic: Advanced Edition works well for me. I really like the slot machine type wheels that let you set the range, wind speed and direction. I think it was $19.95 but I've had it for several years.

I second this. I have had Ballistic AE for years and love it. I have it on my iPhone and it works well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.