Phoenix smith/machinist recommendations

Axisworks milled .030 from the back end of the bolt body of my Savage 110 rifle. I'm not really sure exactly how they went about that, even tho I was standing right there watching. They had to change out some tooling, in a CNC milling machine, and then they had to do some profile programming, I think is what Micheal was doing, and then it cut all three surfaces. Made a really nice looking surface. Put it back together, and it works wonderfully ! I'm very impressed that Eric, the owner, took the time to do that right then, and allowed me to remain in the shop while they did it, on a Friday afternoon. They make a really nice looking muzzle brake, as well. I can't hardly wait to get my next build going, and they're doing it.

Axisworks milled .030 from the back end of the bolt body of my Savage 110 rifle. I'm not really sure exactly how they went about that, even tho I was standing right there watching. They had to change out some tooling, in a CNC milling machine, and then they had to do some profile programming, I think is what Micheal was doing, and then it cut all three surfaces. Made a really nice looking surface. Put it back together, and it works wonderfully ! I'm very impressed that Eric, the owner, took the time to do that right then, and allowed me to remain in the shop while they did it, on a Friday afternoon. They make a really nice looking muzzle brake, as well. I can't hardly wait to get my next build going, and they're doing it.

Just curious, thanks! I have a few 110s/111s/11s and never had any problem like yours. The bottom-line is you're happy with it. You gotta love service like that. Good on them.

Gregg C,
It was our pleasure working through the issues your savage was having last Friday.
You pretty much had it figured out when you walked through the door and we just happened to have the basic equipment needed to get it done. Glad to hear its running well.

Eric,
I'll be moving to Buckeye in Nov & I will definitely come see you.

BW

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.