Phenomenal inaccuracy

He is a friend of mine and was there the at the time of initial discovery. We actually had three rifles that strongly disagreed with the 180'm. I carried on in an attempt to make it work then onto the 183smk and 162m.

Jinxed by the PT&G chamber reamer is always a suspicion. Do the fired cases look like 7WSM? :eek:

It's just about gotta be the barrel/bore if the gun consistently shoots one bullet OK but none of the others. Which begs for the ID of the barrel manufacturer.

You've already bore-scoped it. Slugging the barrel for bore diameter and uniformity might shed some light on the cause. Would also be nice to know if the bore is crooked as a boomerang - or not.

Doesn't have any shadowing like it has a hook barrel. With the borescope you can't see any copper skidmarks halfway down or anything like it has a tight spot or nothing like that. No issue with the brass after it has been fired resize is fine. It doesn't have any out of line pressure problems either like from the 175 to the 180. If anything it's a little on the fast side. When it was on the lathe for chambering and it zeroed end to end it was really straight. Have not done anything to confirm or deny the board diameter.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've never heard of a rifle being so picky of a bullet - with such a wide difference in group size - but I guess it can happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.