Pheasants Today!

Sadly, that was one of Clark's last hunts. He passed away late this spring after going downhill fast with cancer.
TLFgSDol.jpg

We were pretty set on never getting another dog... Then we were contacted about a year-old GWP Rescue dog who needed a forever home. Opened our hearts and home to him. He's a bit of a struggle time to time, but has already bonded with me, and I'm hoping to get him out hunting this season. Maverick is developing nicely as a companion, and will be ready to start hunt training soon. He's "birdy" as all get out!

j2gut7rl.jpg

NGtx1Uvl.jpg

mnoBgfml.jpg

Losing Clark sure left a big hole in our hearts. But it seems young Maverick is going to fill some of that void.

Guy

Looks like a good rescue for sure! Once you have a dog, no good reason not to have another. Less than 8 weeks until the Iowa opener!

the seasons are moving quickly
tested my new Beretta with the
Hevishot Upland shells and the
patterns were perfect

Hey Guy, is Mav looking like he will be ready for your pheasant opener? By judging from the pics I would guess he is. We are less than 4 weeks out here in Iowa. When does your season run out there? My old GSP will be as ready as he can be, he is starting get a little crazy every time I get the pick-up out. I have a new V3 to try this year, I did get the sling swivel stud in the butt stock this past weekend but haven't patterned it yet.

We had some great hunts in ND and definitely
want to give a big PLUG to the Hevishot Shot
Upland Bismuth shells that we were running.
It was amazing how effective they were on
the roosters

Hey Guy, is Mav looking like he will be ready for your pheasant opener? By judging from the pics I would guess he is. We are less than 4 weeks out here in Iowa. When does your season run out there? My old GSP will be as ready as he can be, he is starting get a little crazy every time I get the pick-up out. I have a new V3 to try this year, I did get the sling swivel stud in the butt stock this past weekend but haven't patterned it yet.

No - we're still working on obedience training. He's not ready for off-leash work in an unrestricted environment yet. Has led me on a couple of wild-dog chases. Sigh. But, he's doing better. Birdy as all get out. Was walking him by the river this morning and he kept pointing birds. :)

I'm looking forward to hunting with him, but might not be until later in the season. That's fine. I want him to be ready, rather than trying him too early.

Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.