Pheasant load of choice?

I can't believe no one mentioned Winchester Rooster shells. 1 1/4 of copper plated 5s @ 1300fps with shot lock technology. The birds can't out fly this load. It patterns like nothing else. These shells use the same technology as the long beards only faster.

I can't believe no one mentioned Winchester Rooster shells. 1 1/4 of copper plated 5s @ 1300fps with shot lock technology. The birds can't out fly this load. It patterns like nothing else. These shells use the same technology as the long beards only faster.
Never tried them because they only sell them in boxes of 15 shell...serious? They are like $25 for 15. I think they look awesome and would love to try them, but I can buy 2 1/2 boxes of Fiocchi for the same same price.

If you want to try something new ? I shot B&P Star Rossa shells at live bird shoots
The first round starts at 31 yards. Then you start backing up! So they have to have some punch. If he comes to you great! If he goes straight away 31 yards gains Fast!
You still have to knock him down in the circle.
I order a flat at a time! Most likely the best out there. With that Gordon System
you can shoot 50 or 60 with out wearing down so much. Have a look.
https://www.baschieri-pellagri.com/en/catalogo_tiro/cartucce+da+tiro/piccione+-elica/1/index.aspx

I shoot 1.25oz reloads of #5/#6 at 1300fps chronographed. If and when I buy I just grab any box of 1/18 #6's that is the cheapest until I can get my reloads.

Another vote for the Golden Pheasants.
i love the GF nickle plating they are on the heavy side and getting to be a buck a shot too!!!

one accurate placed shot with a 1oz load still trumps 3 with 3" Mags! i swear some use 3.5"Mags 🥺

all our birds are stocked and with current availability of ammo ,i have been using #6 with 1 1/8 and 1oz and it sucks when some hit the breast meat!!!

i much prefer GF #4 nickle plated.

anybody know of a 1oz or 1 1/8 nickle plated #4 or #5 brand. as in a light load of GF?

i love the GF nickle plating they are on the heavy side and getting to be a buck a shot too!!!

one accurate placed shot with a 1oz load still trumps 3 with 3" Mags! i swear some use 3.5"Mags 🥺

all our birds are stocked and with current availability of ammo ,i have been using #6 with 1 1/8 and 1oz and it sucks when some hit the breast meat!!!

i much prefer GF #4 nickle plated.

anybody know of a 1oz or 1 1/8 nickle plated #4 or #5 brand. as in a light load of GF?
I have never shot any upland bird with anything but lead and steel. 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5 lead and 4,6 steel is what I have used. Are you saying you don't have the nickel plated hit the breast meat or they do less damage? It doesn't seem to matter on any bird I cleaned the damage was pretty much the same regardless of what I used.

I have never shot any upland bird with anything but lead and steel. 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5 lead and 4,6 steel is what I have used. Are you saying you don't have the nickel plated hit the breast meat or they do less damage? It doesn't seem to matter on any bird I cleaned the damage was pretty much the same regardless of what I used.
i dont see the lead streaks in the meat with nickle plated.
i keep forgetting about steel, i have some steel duck and geese loads but never tried them.

I'm a fan of Golden Pheasant #5 loads in both 16 & 12 gauges. I'm starting to favor the #4s over the #5s. I also reload my own version with nickel plated shot; however my reloads are 1 1/8 & 1 1/4 oz in the 12 gauge as I'm struggling to find a load and wads for a 1 3/8 oz clone. I also started thinking of trying #3 shot for late season roosters.

I'm a fan of Golden Pheasant #5 loads in both 16 & 12 gauges. I'm starting to favor the #4s over the #5s. I also reload my own version with nickel plated shot; however my reloads are 1 1/8 & 1 1/4 oz in the 12 gauge as I'm struggling to find a load and wads for a 1 3/8 oz clone. I also started thinking of trying #3 shot for late season roosters.
exactly! nickle #4 with 1 1/8oz 1 1/4 would hit plenty hard and rarely let any shot in bird.
all the "thing" is now is speed! so they make GF load hotter and faster and more expensive.

Red and Silver AA Hulls 1 3/8 ounces of extra hard 5 shot and enough 800x for near 1300 fps
Use on Pheasant's Ducks and Stones Geese at 50 plus yards

Wild South Dakota birds, full choke Federal 1 3/8 copper plated 4 shot 1500fps, leave your O/U 20 gauge at home. Pen raised hunting preserve chickens, anything will work, sometime you don't even have to shoot them, the dogs will bring them back to you live......

Anyone have any online sites that have pheasant loads in stock? Going on my first hunt in January and have been having a hard time finding any around.