peterson brass

I use both Lapua and Peterson brass and I can't say one is better than the other. They are so close in quality. I do prefer Peterson though. If for no other reason than it comes in an ammo box with each piece of brass separate from the others. Where Lapua comes lose in a box and while rare, I've had some of it dinged up. Of course someone who reloads in a year, what I will in a lifetime may have something different to say.

In my experience ADG and Peterson are up at the top of the list for brass. I've only used Lapua in 308 and it performed well. The 308 seems to be easier on brass degradation though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of these when I can find them.

Last edited:
The Peterson brass I've used in 308 and 243 are much more uniform in brass thickness/concentricity around the wall and neck thicknesses. I have some dud lots of Lapua that fell short of my older Winchester cases in lot uniformity. I prefer the Peterson brass!

I use Peterson brass in my 338 RBH (338 Norma Mag improved). It is top quality. Use it with confidence

I was lucky enough to get 200 peterson "fat neck" brass and it was very good for the first 4 shots. After that it started having problems ejecting. Full length resize did not correct. Sticking at webbing just above.
It may have been the 42 gr H 4350 for 6.5 creed I don't know. But, after turning necks to 0145 I could produce bullets with <001 runout. If I could get more I would.

Attachments

• DSCF3850 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3850 (640x480).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 23