Peterson brass question

Steve bonson

Anybody ever ball mic Peterson brass necks in 243 or 260? How does it compare to Lapua neck thickness in the same calibers? I'm asking because I would like to buy Forester full length sizing dies & have them honed by Forester, I'm currently using Lapua brass but would like to give Peterson a shot some day, was hoping I could have dies honed for my current Lapua brass & use the same die in the future for Peterson brass. Thank you in advance!

My Lapua and Peterson .260 brass came out the same, both .015", the Lapua may have been a small amount thicker, but no more than .0003" at most. This is SRP Peterson brass, 5x fired in my .260 AI and Standard LRP Lapua brass with 13x fired in same gun.

Thank you guys for your time & replies! They're greatly appreciated, having used both manufacturers do you guys have a preference in one over the other?
In .260, I prefer the Peterson, but only because the offer small rifle primer and are cheaper. I use cci 450, 49 grains rl26 and an HBN coated 156, its going 2940 out of my 29" barreled .260 AI. My load with the lapua brass (before they had the 156) was the 140 vld at 3075 with 50.7 grains rl26. As stated, lapua brass lasted around 12 fireings and I started loosing primer pockets. These peterson brass with my current load (max was 1.5 grains higher at 3000 fps) should last the life of the barrel, and probably get some use out of the next one too.

Thanks again for the information Cody, I've been well satisfied with all my lapua brass over the years, have heard a lot of good about Peterson over last year & am definitely going to try some. I'm from Pa so I like the idea of supporting a local company