Peterson 300WM Brass?

I purchased 100 300WM Mag cases from ADG about six months ago. I find it to be very consistent and very well annealed. About 1.5 grains less capacity then Winchester.

Just a short follow up on the Peterson brass. I shot 20 rounds with 74.5 gr RL26 with Hammer Hunter 196 so stout load. When I measured brass headpsace, it was exactly the same as previous fired brass and only increased 0.002 in length. I just FL sized back the 0.002 so it is back where I started with new. The length was exactly 2.62 and no changes whatsoever. I re-primed with Fed215 and the fit was as snug as new. Time will tell but the Long version appears to be doing exactly what is hoped. I expect to get quite a few more loads per piece than before with this brass. Very pleased so far.

Just a short follow up on the Peterson brass. I shot 20 rounds with 74.5 gr RL26 with Hammer Hunter 196 so stout load. When I measured brass headpsace, it was exactly the same as previous fired brass and only increased 0.002 in length. I just FL sized back the 0.002 so it is back where I started with new. The length was exactly 2.62 and no changes whatsoever. I re-primed with Fed215 and the fit was as snug as new. Time will tell but the Long version appears to be doing exactly what is hoped. I expect to get quite a few more loads per piece than before with this brass. Very pleased so far.
I shot 3 loads of H1000 at Nosler 180 Accubond recommended accuracy load of 79 gr of H1000 and three at 79.3 . The 79 gr load was 9 ES and 4.6 SD on virgin brass.
Best Ihave gotten so far, been using Winchester, I now have some Winchester brass for sale 😂
BTW, the 79.3 showed no pressure, but was much more noticeable recoil than even 80.2 grains with CCI 250 and Win brass.
Cases didn't change at all, but only measure.0005 under my original headspace anyway.
Very pleased 😀

Jud: Thanks for reply, I pulled trigger on some few moments ago since all I have is some RP brass that primer pockets are not holding up at all, lots of it but still wanted better life span. Once I get it, I will post up comparable result testing from my other brass to it. It sure llooks pretty good and if annealling is as good as it looks that is a huge benefit to me.
I believe it is excellent

I shot 3 loads of H1000 at Nosler 180 Accubond recommended accuracy load of 79 gr of H1000 and three at 79.3 . The 79 gr load was 9 ES and 4.6 SD on virgin brass.
Best Ihave gotten so far, been using Winchester, I now have some Winchester brass for sale 😂
BTW, the 79.3 showed no pressure, but was much more noticeable recoil than even 80.2 grains with CCI 250 and Win brass.
Cases didn't change at all, but only measure.0005 under my original headspace anyway.
Very pleased 😀
Forgot to mention 180 gr Accubonds

Mine came today. Kudos to Graf & Sons for their packaging. The two full ammo boxes were placed in a box-in a box- in a box, kinda like Nesting Dolls. I'll get around to inspection measurements this week, but they all do seem to have been annealed properly and have proper flash holes without burrs. And of course no dented necks !!!!
When compared with other new brands SIG, AMMO Inc, GFL, Nosler, JAG, Barnes, Rem, Win, one can definitely see the difference in length to shoulder.
And quality

This is last years thread but yesterday I got my Peterson 300 win mag LONG brass in and was wondering if I can use my old loads in the new Peterson brass?They have a card with the brass that says to work it up while looking for over pressure signs.Has anyone found them to be critical with older loads?
Old Rooster

I have about 5 reloads on my regular size .300 WM Peterson Brass, and I like it. I just bought a box of the .300 WM Long too.
I have not yet loaded or fired it, but its got to be pretty good stuff based on the regular brass.

I'm thinking it will have slightly more volume than the regular brass. I measure about 91.3 grains H2O on the regular brass.

I'm thinking this new long brass will be slightly more.

I have not had any case head separations on the Peterson Brass yet, the Remington brass before that was terrible.
I am taking care to bump the shoulder back about .002 now too.

Have people been able to shoot the same amount of powder using petersen? Or have people had to decrease a few grains with the petersen brass??

I was told to work up a load and don't fall back on old loads.
Our hunting season starts October 23 and our shooting range just re-opened today so I'll get busy with working up loads for the new Peterson 300 win mag LONG brass.

I'm running 75gr with a 200gr eldx have some on their 5th load now...still holding up great for me

This is last years thread but yesterday I got my Peterson 300 win mag LONG brass in and was wondering if I can use my old loads in the new Peterson brass?They have a card with the brass that says to work it up while looking for over pressure signs.Has anyone found them to be critical with older loads?
Old Rooster
Not 300WM but in my 7RM I did have to drop down .5gr in charge to match my velocity in other brass. BUT...with my normal charge I gained about 25-30fps and it shoots the same bughole groups. It does weigh heavier than RP and WW super by aboug 10grains believe it or not.