Peterson 300WM Brass?

Muddyboots

SO it looks pretty good, does anyone have real world experience with it? Neck annealled, longer to minimize brass stress on 1st firing and weight sorted or so it is stated. Anyone have experience on capacity differences to other brass? With 300WM brass so hard to find, should I buy it?

I haven't used Peterson .300 Win Mag brass, so I can't say how well it is. I have used Peterson .243, 6.5 Creedmoor, .284 Win, and .308 Win and it's all been excellent. On the Creedmoor and .308 brass we had to use about 1.0 grain less than other brass to get the same speeds. On my .243 I'm only 0.3gr less from my old load in Federal brass, and in my .284 it's the only brass I've ever ran so I can't say how close it would be to Winchester, Norma, etc. It's the only brass I buy when they have the brass for the cartridge I'm loading for. It's very strong stuff, it's consistent, and it's given me nothing but excellent results.

Jud: Thanks for reply, I pulled trigger on some few moments ago since all I have is some RP brass that primer pockets are not holding up at all, lots of it but still wanted better life span. Once I get it, I will post up comparable result testing from my other brass to it. It sure llooks pretty good and if annealling is as good as it looks that is a huge benefit to me.

I read about Peterson brass on one of the threads here. What interested me is they offered 300 Win Mag brass that headspaces on the shoulder instead of the belt as traditional. It is called 300 Win Mag Long. Went to the Peterson web site and using the link provided, I bought 100 from Graf & Sons. It is $1.24 per round right now, just checked and Graf shows it out of stock,
( Muddyboots got it), so it's attracting attention. Don't have it yet, but FedEx just notified me it has shipped and will be here by Sunday.
As stated above, the interesting point to me is this brass is "head spaced on the shoulder", ( it is offered in traditional "head space on belt" as well) . This will eliminate some extra steps in my prepping brass process.
I always used the "donut method" to pre-form magnum brass to my rifle chamber. You know, expand the case neck one caliber, then sizing it in the die while checking how each die adjustment chambers in the rifle. Stopping when you get the right feel of the bolt handle closing. Then you load and fire-form, and anneal. The "Long" brass version eliminates steps in my brass prep and trips to the range .
But I haven't received it as yet so I can't give you a thumbs up or down.

Last edited:
jdyoung: Wish I could say I bought the last 100 but nope pulled trigger on the bulk 250 which is lifetime IF it works out. Finding any 300WM brass other than Win is impossible right now. I am on so many notification lists I don't remember where they are! 😂

I will post up ASAP as well and hoping it is as good as advertised. Concept seems solid and I am more concerned over toughness right now. Then again 250 will still be long time on rifle if only 4x reloads a piece.

I typically use nosler, but my buddy bought some adg brass and I'll say it's very high quality. Would go that route if money and availability align.

I have been on "notification lists" forever for ADG brass so decided to just give Peterson a try. Did not want to spend the bulk price but if works ahead of game.

I read about Peterson brass on one of the threads here. What interested me is they offered 300 Win Mag brass that headspaces on the shoulder instead of the belt as traditional. It is called 300 Win Mag Long. Went to the Peterson web site and using the link provided, I bought 100 from Graf & Sons. It is $1.24 per round right now, just checked and Graf shows it out of stock,
( Muddyboots got it), so it's attracting attention. Don't have it yet, but FedEx just notified me it has shipped and will be here by Sunday.
As stated above, the interesting point to me is this brass is "head spaced on the shoulder", ( it is offered in traditional "head space on belt" as well) . This will eliminate some extra steps in my prepping brass process.
I always used the "donut method" to pre-form magnum brass to my rifle chamber. You know, expand the case neck one caliber, then sizing it in the die while checking how each die adjustment chambers in the rifle. Stopping when you get the right feel of the bolt handle closing. Then you load and fire-form, and anneal. The "Long" brass version eliminates steps in my brass prep and trips to the range .
But I haven't received it as yet so I can't give you a thumbs up or down.
I just bought 100 Peterson 300 WM from Sinclairs. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

I just bought 100 Peterson 300 WM from Sinclairs. Here's the link if anyone is interested.
Good Find !............but there is only one .300 Win Mag brass listed and it doesn't show if that is the .300 Win Mag LONG cartridges that headspace on the shoulder datum instead of the belt . So I asked a question . Let you know the answer when I get it.