Peterson 270win brass vs rws brass?

zr600

Does anybody have any experience in both of these? Or would you just go with the Peterson? I have a ton of fc 270 brass but I would like to get something better think these two really are the only options. Any advice would be great.

I've never used RWS brass or Peterson brass in a .270, but I've used Peterson in multiple other cartridges. I currently run it in .243 and my .284 and my brother uses it in his 6.5 Creedmoor and my Dad in his .308 Winchester. It has been great stuff and it holds up well. It's typically heavier than other brands, so you might lose 50fps or so, but it lasts a long long time. It's also very consistent and good stuff all around. The Peterson factory is only about an hour from me so I like to support them and they're American owned and operated.

Have used and use RWS brass in my 375 H&H mag. It is slightly heavier than most brands but they are very consistent and are less than 3-4 grains difference between cases in each batch, often less than half of that. Additionally the case heads are the toughest I've worked with and primer pockets are tight still after seven reloads so far. FWIW. JM

I have no experience with rws brass the peterson brass is excellent in my opinion along the lines of lapua

Last edited:
I believe Peterson just started making 270 Win brass, so I doubt there is much end user experience. I requested to trial some samples via their website for them, but haven't heard anything back yet. If they do send me some, I'll post my feedback.

Have been with Lapua for a very very long time, but have gone over to Peterson for my 6MM XC & 6.5 CM , understand Alfa is up and coming ??? But have used Nosler ,Norma, IMI, only a few rounds of RWS , LC MATCH 308, Win, Rem, Hornady, SIG, and others, but as long as I get a good batch of brass I'll stay with it .

I am using 150 rds RWS .270 brass formed for my 6.5 Sherman. 50 rds have only been fired three times and primer pockets are still very tight.

I got tired of waiting for Peterson 280 a.i. brass, so I paid extra $ for the RWS. I'm very pleased so far.