• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Petersen 280 ai brass

onetohunt

Looking for about 50 pieces of new Petersen 280ai brass. Let me know if you have some you are willing to part with.

I've been looking for some too. About 2 months ago, I found 500 for about $625, but refused to pay that much. I'll keep fireforming my 280 Rem brass until the prices come down.

I've been looking for some too. About 2 months ago, I found 500 for about $625, but refused to pay that much. I'll keep fireforming my 280 Rem brass until the prices come down.
You balked on a 500pk for $625 when retail is $735 for Peterson .280AI brass at Graf?

Yep - I'm cheap!!! Although I am not of fan of Remington brass, I have enough of it to last me a very long time. I'm just not used to paying $1.25 for each. I also found some new 30-06 federal brass in my stockpile and it seems to produce slightly better groups than the remingtons.

Yep - I'm cheap!!! Although I am not of fan of Remington brass, I have enough of it to last me a very long time. I'm just not used to paying $1.25 for each. I also found some new 30-06 federal brass in my stockpile and it seems to produce slightly better groups than the remingtons.
Try Nosler brand 28 Nosler brass....25pcs for $79.99.

Cabel, Federal brass only works if you keep pressures fairly low. Nosler does not hold up either to get to the cartridge's full potential.

A couple of things that do work, fire forming Winchester 270 brass, and I use 14.6g of Bullseye and cream of wheat. You may get by with fire-forming once-fired brass with a few losses. Winchester 30/06 brass works well also. Also, Lake City MATCH 30/06 brass is really tough brass. The very best is Lapua 30/06 brass which is hard to kill....no kidding.