Pete Lincoln

Tell Kenneth its on its way and he should have it in a week latest. Thought it had gone out same time as yours, but it was still on shelf wrapped in brown paper and got overlooked the las couple of weeks as ive been working away so much,
Pete

Now you're up and running Pete - can you slip my bits in the post too PLEASE. I know it's only small stuff - but useful small stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hi Pete,
George Balbino here from the UK. We spoke on the phone some time last weekend about getting one of your mods down to the UK. I am working on it and will contact you in due course. I would appreciate if you could send me a list of the gear you can offer (scopes, rings, etc.). I have checked your website, but found no link to any other area.
Please mail to my private e-mail address too at [email protected]
Look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Regards,
George

Phoned Pete this morning, stock should be in soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
p.s. I know it is not ordered in Pete's name, and I know and agree with the reason, but I'm not going to post that publicly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why do you all have such a problem getting hold of Pete??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I seem to manage some how, phoned him earlyer, no answer, but he phoned me back half an hour later, "....sorry I dident answer your call, but I was in work with my boss breathing down my neck." The last time I phoned three times at 2 hour intervils till I got him, he had been out shopping with his wife, come on boys, he's got two jobs a wife and a family and he's got to have some time to himself to shoot,sleep and chill-out.

At Pete's prices i'm willing to accept he may be harder to contact at times, but not impossible.The longest I have had to try to contact him was a week, he was on holiday.I asked him to send me a eagle stock pack for my mate,and because Pete had one left in stock, I had it within a week.

All the other custom rifle builders are in the same boat as him waiting for stocks to come in, they just charge more!

Anyway, when my rifle comes, I'll let you all know how it shoots!!!

Dark side
I would be interested to hear when it comes or should I say when you actually expect it. I would also be interested to hear when you ordered it.

Regards

Fire at will

FAW, I ordered it in June-July, Pete told me 6-9 months depending on stock delivery times, but also made it clear that he couldent garuntee a delivery time.

If it comes before Christmas I would be "over the moon", if it comes before the hinds end, I'll be very happy and if it comes after the bucks start, then I'll just have to break it in on bucks!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gents, collective note to say i'm just starting to wade through emails from early last week. I got home on tuesday to find my fatherinlaw in hospital in a coma on a life support machine not expected to make it through the weekend. Everything (such as getting on the pc) had to be dropped to arrange for the family to be by his bedside, i ended up babysitting kids and ferrying folk about.By friday his condition had worsened, then got a bit better. I managed to get a half days shooting that i couldn't cancell (and it was only 10mins drive from the hospital) and was away most of the weekend back and forth.my wife complained like hell about people calling on our private number when she is sat by the phone waiting for news of her Dad, please only use my workshop or my mobile number ( Col -Pete & Pete)
Now i am sorry that i am some times difficult to get a hold of. As Darkside says, i have 2 jobs, a family, a building site and i do need some time to my self, all work and no play etc. Now in job 1 we are very busy at the moment, short of staff and with lots of problems, which means i cannot answer the phone when i'm at job 1. I do a fair few night shifts which means i sleep during the day, obviously i can't stay awake all day. I run my rifle business part time, i do not have the time to call people back to update when nothing new has happened or nothing new has come in,I also don't have the time to answer the same questions from the same persons on several different occasions just because some one either is bored or likes the sound of my voice,and i can't operate the milling machine or lathe and the blates telephone at the same time, i won't answer the phone in the middle of a meal because i want to teach my kids some good habbits and i have stopped answering the phone after 20.00, because most other shops shut well before that, a large portion of time is spent on the innevitable burocracy that the German system demands. Supply in the gun trade is notoriously bad here in Europe, no one has anything on shelf and much of it is made to order, delivery from other countries can be quick, it can also be abismaly slow. I've noticed that one needs to email, fax and phone the same order to make sure that its gone through.
I cannot possibly give level of info-contact service that a full time shop can, but i can deliver a superbly accurate, well built rifle for a fraction of the cost and in a time frame that is all things considered not bad going. (when you consider up to 2 years is normal for several other european riflesmiths)
I am seriously considering going full time on the rifles next year. Depending on a few factors. For a start i'm sick to death of bieng 300 miles away from home doing job 1, and sick of the driving involved. If that happens i will be available 5 days a week from morning till night. now give a guy a break, let me get on with some jobs and catch up on emails, paperwork and rifles.
Regards Pete

FYI- I ordered a rifle to another german gunsmith in february 2005.- it´s taken almost 2 years to receive it(just got it) and although it looks great, i still have to sort out the scope base by myself .

I ordered a rifle from Pete; stock, action and barrel were ordered by him inmediately.- action arrived in a bit more than a month, stock a bit more and the barrel is what took longer becasue of the barrelmaker being slow in this order. Pete has completed the rifle in some more time and I will get it soon fully coated to my specs, fitted with base, rings and scope.- sounds pretty fast and effective to me.

There is usually not much stuff in stock in the EU, almost everything has to be ordered especifically and once you leave the factory remington, winchester, sako, sauer or blaser and similar common brands stuff behind many dealers dont even know what you´re talking about. A friend ordered a plain Tikka rifle in 6,5 x 55 from a dealer and had to wait more than a year to get it.

No one can guarantee a delivery time when you depend on receiving stuff from others.- but you can expect Pete to do his best and offer the best advice.

[ QUOTE ]
There is usually not much stuff in stock in the EU, almost everything has to be ordered especifically and once you leave the factory remington, winchester, sako, sauer or blaser and similar common brands stuff behind many dealers dont even know what you´re talking about. A friend ordered a plain Tikka rifle in 6,5 x 55 from a dealer and had to wait more than a year to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]AMEN - It's easier to hand file a P1913 base from scratch than order one. Thankfully I have a mate with a spark eroder.

Pete and alg, you both have mail incoming so watch for it. It can be a pain to send gun related items overseas. Some country's are good to go and some are certain jail time. Pete, I shipped you 34mm rings a few months ago and i was notified last week that they were sitting at the ups store here because "they" thought gun parts were bad and couldn't be sent. You have some more on the way along with a couple bases.

This is my first week without Job #1 and my stress level has dropped unbelievably. My commute was 80 miles per day and i dont miss it one bit. Good luck to you Pete.

Glen

[ QUOTE ]
This is my first week without Job #1 and my stress level has dropped unbelievably. My commute was 80 miles per day and i dont miss it one bit. Good luck to you Pete. Glen

[/ QUOTE ]Envy - good luck to you too Glen.

Glen. I´ve purchased rings, bases, scopes before directly from the US with no problem at all.-I´ll send you an email.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.