PETA is tax-exempt?

CharlieK

Yes, PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment for Animals, is a tax exempt organization. If you don't think such a violent organization should be tax exempt, you can to this site:

http://www.consumerfreedom.com

and go to the second item under Daily Headlines. Click on the link at the end of that paragraph that says "by clicking here" to go to a petition that you can sign.

You Canadians might be interested in the first item under Daily Headlines.

Maybe we should all sign the petition to do away with the tax free status of PETA?
Make them pay taxes just like we do when we purchase a rifle or sporting goods.

Later
DC

I've been signing petitions to do that for years, one more can't hurt. But I sure wish one of them would work.

Anyone have any friends at the IRS? I'm sure an audit would find all kinds of "mistakes"

Last night on TV I saw some ant-PETA commercials being run. Made me feel good. THe ads talked about PETA supporters using arson and other terrorist techniques.

Personally I think PETA members should be life exempt but in a real world point of view they are tax exempt because they prove non-profit status. If you could prove someone in the organization is making cash then you could shut them down!!! I like my life exempt thing better though!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.