Pet load for 22-250

My pet load is 33.5 gr IMR 4064, 52 gr SMK And CCI 200 primer. I've been shooting this load for 40 years and never found the need to tweak it.
My 22-250 is a savage model 16 with a 22 inch barrel 1-12 twist
shoots 50 gr vmax with 36 gr of varget. using gm210m primers Tikka is an excellent choice Get it with 1/10 or 1/8 barrel than the heavier bullets will stabilize . I would also get it with a 24or 26 inch barrel. Longer range and a bit more speed.

Have you decided which 22-250 to get and know the barrel twist rate? Also what range do you plan to shoot out to with your rifle?
Im going to try to get a tika t3x I think myhey are 1/8? not for sure but they are faster twist now than the old ones?? Dont know if that is any better?? A 22-250 is supposed to shoot a 50 or less bullet. So Im not on board fully with the fast twist but am open to it.???

If Tikka has 1 in 8" twist available you will not go wrong with that. You can shoot from 36 to 80-grain bullets in it, and I hope yours turns out as accurate as mine. My go-to load for everything up to elk is 40 grains of Superformance and the 75-grain A-Max. Had retina fixes done in both eyes.

Mine shines with the 55 gr Sierra HPBT over Varget. Around 3700 fps. over Labradar. With the older Chrony Beta, it showed around 3600. Keeping fur with this round is not recommended.

Well, This has been just great. Thank everyone for the help and suggestions. That is just what I wanted. Im putting all this in my reloading book under the new heading Pet Loads on long range.
At present I have 90% of the components for all these loads on hand. (The day Obama was elected, I started buying components, Gun shows, on sale items, and so forth), and now have a pretty substantial supply of "Stuff". Then this guy gets in and It made me get back in the basement. And then this eye thing happens and here I am. and Hell, I dont even have the gun yet, I have all the components, Redding dies, and have ordered 100 Lapua brass, supposedly shipped??. So I think Im going to just pick out some middle of the road loads and load 10 or so of each, catalogue them, box them nice and pretty and decide on and find the gun. Leaning toward the Tikka, but have a couple of Bergaras and like them as well. I think the Bergara had a 1-8 or 10 or so, not sure about the Tikka.
Then this fall I will have plenty of range time. I just last year built a range from 25 to 700 yds and one more target at 1200. 4 post targets, Berms, shooting house, concrete shooting bench. shot a couple of pistols, a couple rifles and was playing with my first
AR build in .350 Legend, shooting 1 inch at 100 with factory ammo and My eye tore and detached the next day.
Oh well, Im still Bitchin and goin. Thanks again for all the advise

Im going to try to get a tika t3x I think myhey are 1/8? not for sure but they are faster twist now than the old ones?? Dont know if that is any better?? A 22-250 is supposed to shoot a 50 or less bullet. So Im not on board fully with the fast twist but am open to it.???
A 1-8" is what I want, but it's a fast twist barrel. It should be good for the 53 gr VMAX, which is a long bullet, to 75gr ELDM. It may work for some of the 80 plus gr bullets too. This would probably be a long range varminter. If you wanted to shoot the lighter bullets for closer typical 22-250 target or varmint then a 1-12 or 1-14 inch twist is what you want. I have a 1-14" twist but would rather have atleast the 1-12, and 1-8" would be ideal FOR ME. What is important is what YOU want to do with it.

If I were planning on lighter bullets I'd probably go 1-10", you could probably shoot up to 70gr bullets in it.

When I put my LH savage mdl 11 together I went with a 12 twist because I have several boxes of the 55 gr Sierras that the mdl 12 likes. If I need to shoot heavier bullets I can load 85's in my 260.

Im new to the 22-250 as Ive said. But do I want to shoot a 60-85 gr out of a 22-250. Is it better than a 6mm creedmore,243,243 AI, Which I have all of the above?? Will a 1-8 twist shoot 40+ grain bullets up to 65 or 80. Or should I just stick to old school 1-12 or 1-14 and stay with 55gr or less?? Just trying to learn about a new caliber to me.
I really dont know why Im just now getting reved up on a 22-250?? Just dumb I guess. I just love the ballistics part of it. It took the injury to slow me down to see the forest for the trees!!

Easy light recoil, light powder charge, relatively light bullets, powder shortages - I went to a 7.7 twist .22-.250 with a .224 75 H ELDM primary bullet with loads in the 34.5 - 37 grain range using H4550, RL16, Shooter's world 4350, Alliant 4000MR, STABALL 6.5. Good results, even with Vectan 8000. Very close or slightly better results than 87 gr. loads in .243W, 6mm Rem, 6mm AI with 11-12 grains less powder. Barrel life appears to be better than .243W.

My light & zippy bullet rifles are now a .20P & .204R. The 20's & 7.7 twist .22-.250(s) are used for almost all of my shooting except when I want more impact then its the 6mm's & 6.5mm's.

Go to the Berger manual & see the .22-.250 pages.