Pentax Lightseeker issues?

upjeeper

hey guys,
I installed a pentax light seeker 8-32 on my .223 and took it out to the range yesterday. i've got the height adjustment all the way up, but my rounds are still 4-5 inches low at 100 meters. did I screw something up?

I wouldn't think it's hard to mess up mounting a scope. It also seemed odd that when i was sighting in my new leupold vx3 yesterday i had to come up about 100 clicks and left about the same.
any help?

EDIT: sorry, i should have emphasized, that i did get the leupold zeroed

thanks
nate

Make sure the rings and mounts are on properly. If all is well, then you will need to shim the scope. You can do this with a canted scope base or with the Burris sig rings with inserts.

My first suggestion is take the scope off and remount everything double checking all is well. Also, check that the bases are for your action.

Jerry

Did you bore-sight it on a collimator? Were your adjustments centered when you started? The rings Jerry mentioned can often be an easy fix for mounting issues. The inserts can also be purchased separately in 3-packs of 3 different heights. With a little more detail, I'm sure I could help you solve your problem---2MG

[ QUOTE ]
Did you bore-sight it on a collimator? Were your adjustments centered when you started? The rings Jerry mentioned can often be an easy fix for mounting issues. The inserts can also be purchased separately in 3-packs of 3 different heights. With a little more detail, I'm sure I could help you solve your problem---2MG

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i took it in and had it bore-sighted to check the guys at the gun shop told me i'm going to need to shim it, so that looks like the plan as of now

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts