Pennsylvania Range 1000 yards

KarbineCrunch

Hello guys - i am looking for a range to join this summer for tuning and developing dope out to 1200 yards - or at least 1000. Is anyone willing to share the location of a range east of the Susquehanna river? I am traveling from Quakertown / Chalfont PA area. Closer the better.

300 win mag
6.5 CM

I lived in your area for 64 years before moving to Florida.
We still have a camp in Cameron Co. and thats where we shoot.
There at least was a private club near Palm, which is west of Q town, they had gong plates at 500 yards, which can become boring very fast.
You just cant go to the range at Bodines (Williamsport), any time you wish either as that property is used by others as well for other purposes.
There are several other 1000 yard ranges in PA. but nothing close to Bucks Co.
The very best one is at Ridgeway in Elk Co, members can shoot there every day there isnt a match scheduled.

Even the 1000 yd ranges, with the exception of Ridgeway, arent good for checking out your dope charts.
At Ridgeway, you can shoot at lots of different distances while sitting at the same bench.
Other than that, you need to wait till the leaves are off the trees, which is what most of us do.

Even the 1000 yd ranges, with the exception of Ridgeway, arent good for checking out your dope charts.
At Ridgeway, you can shoot at lots of different distances while sitting at the same bench.
Other than that, you need to wait till the leaves are off the trees, which is what most of us do.
Why aren't they good for checking dope charts if I may ask?

Why aren't they good for checking dope charts if I may ask?
Well for example at Ridgeway, you can place a clay bird target on the berms at any distance up to and including 1000 yds. and shoot at them from the same bench. So that means you can check your data at each of those distances if you prefer doing that. Whereas a trip to the Williamsport range at Bodines will show targets at 1000 yds.
You can go to their website and see for yourself.

I follow what you are saying now. One gentleman mentioned Mifflin county as well so I thought you were referring to that range also. But yeah Mifflin is just like you are explaining ridgeway to be. Sit at a bench pick a backstop 50-1000 and check your data out. It is really ideal and also a nice place to spend the day.

East of the Susquehanna is Williamsport.
Miflin County is a little west of the Susquehanna.
Further west still is Reade Range.

I've shot at Reade. Good people there.
And i know the guy that runs some of Miflin County's matches. Again, good people!
Hopefully i can shoot Miflin's Long range steel match this year.