Pelt

Hognuts

just got my pelt back from tannery, shot this one last fall with my 6.5 Creedmoor at 200 yards. It was the first yote I ever called in, I have shot a few as targets of opportunity and we used to trap them up in So. Dak., but this is the first one I got to come into a call, actually there were three that came in, but I was hunting by myself and only managed to pop one. Fur turned out pretty good though.

Congrats on the coyote and the trophy! The photos aren't coming through for me. The link says they were moved or deleted. If you delete previous photos in you PB acct it will mess up the links??

Yea, my photobucket account is full. Unless I pay up my pics are off line until I start using their "pay to play" version.

Here are some pics, not sure what happened to the other ones, got the photobucket thing squared away I thought...

Great looking hide. . We need particulars tho. What bullet?? Speed? Twist? . Cool looking rifle, what is it!! ???
I hunt with the 6.5 Creed also. But mine is still a work in progress.

I was running 140 Grain AMAX about 2840 FPS, loaded with 41.6 Grains of H4350 at 2.82", it has a 28" Rock, MTU contour 8 twist barrel, Ross Schuler brake, McRee Chassis duracoated in a digital pattern, Ergo grip, Jewel trigger, Stiller left handed action (Remmington 700 footprint) USO 5x25x58 TPAL scope.

Shot the yote at 200 yards, (I dialed my 200 yard dope before I even started calling, just so I would have less to think about if I did see one) had ranged tree line upon set-up because I figured that would be my "hot spot" where there was a transition in terrain, where the sage brush met the trees. I was set up on a ridge line....three came in, but I wasn't quick enough to get any follow up shots after I dropped him....next time it will be suppressed and I will see if that helps at all...happy hunting!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.