Pellet Gun

idcwby

Been looking at getting a .22 cal pellet gun. Is there any difference in the ones under $300? Do the silencers on them help at all? What kind of accuracy is obtainable with them?

Thank

I had a Diana 177 cal...killed lots of things with it....very accurate...
Not to sure about down range power if the 22 drops really fast and the 177 keeps going...
Most things I shot were 50yds or less... mostly was used while shooting bottle caps between beers....
.25 per shot...adds up fast...that kitty can pay for a nice pellet gun....

Can't comment on the over $300 dollar ones. But purchased a gamo with the silencer and still seems plenty loud to me. Good luck

Oh yes...bought one of the bonecrusher with "silencer"....
garbage is all I can say..nit near as accurate as the Diana....and "whisper break".... Can you say total gimmick....garbage...
The pellet leaving the end of the barrel makes no noise...but the spring slop in the gun does...

The most accurate guns, with great triggers, and sights cost more.

If the pellet breaks the sound barrier, it makes its own noise. No suppressor will help. A good speed is 900 fps. Getting near or breaking the sound barrier hurts accuracy.

Break open actions can be a problem when the scope is mounted on the receiver. The action may not close the same every time. A side lever is best.

Some pellets are more acccurate then others . Link

My luck has been variable. Spend a little, spend a lot. We buy 'em and try 'em.
Some will; some won't. My favorites are the competitive Olympic airguns. But right behind them I have the Elmer Keith of airguns. It's a .50 caliber PCP air gun conversion throwing a paper-patched 540gr .458 cast bullet. It isn't the most speedy or accurate. But considering its terminal effect, it doesn't have to be!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.