Pelican coolers

pwrdbycotn

I am needing a larger cooler and have been looking at the 150 quart pelican coolers. I have several pelican cases for everything from rifles and optics to delicate electrical equipment and really like all of it. I currently have a 65 quart yeti cooler that I was able to get a good deal on. I like yeti but their big coolers are very expensive and the pelicans are more reasonable. Does anyone out there have a pelican cooler? Just wanting to know the pros and cons of it. I'm thinking about having this new cooler dipped in camo. Appreciate any feedback

I am needing a larger cooler and have been looking at the 150 quart pelican coolers. I have several pelican cases for everything from rifles and optics to delicate electrical equipment and really like all of it. I currently have a 65 quart yeti cooler that I was able to get a good deal on. I like yeti but their big coolers are very expensive and the pelicans are more reasonable. Does anyone out there have a pelican cooler? Just wanting to know the pros and cons of it. I'm thinking about having this new cooler dipped in camo. Appreciate any feedback

Skip the Yeti. Pelican looks good. I have a Brute and really like it. They are a little cheaper than Pelican, and also made in the USA.

Brute Outdoors Marine Cooler | Hunting Cooler | Cooler for Camping

I've considered the Pelican several times. I REALLY want a Brute, i've read some very good reviews.

t

I got a deal on my Brute. $350 shipped for the 100qt.

It held ice for over a week at Burning Man(Black Rock desert in August). Also held ice for Speed Week (Bonneville Salt Flats in September).

It's also survived an antelope and mule deer hunt bouncing in the back of a pickup without a hitch.

I'd love to score a deal on a 50qt and a 75qt to complete my collection.

I have a pelican 65 that sits in the back of my truck. Amazing cooler! Only downside is the weight. They are tough as hell and if you pre cool the cooler it will keep ice for 5-10 days in the summer.

I'm old school. I still use my big Igloo's. Dry ice, no water. The Igloo's do the job and cheaply.

Better yet is a 4x8 utility trailer (behind the pickup) with a freezer and portable generator.:D

I've got a yeti 75. A little heavy but like it. I just ordered a Summit K2 20 through work, will give it a try. My dad has the 50 and it looks very similar to the yetis,brute, engel style coolers. They too are cheaper than yetis.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.