Pearl Harbor 80th Anniversary

Dosh

My neighbor parked his "41" Ford by the road !

Attachments

• 469046ED-F963-4D71-B40D-4FD80E608ED3.jpeg
    469046ED-F963-4D71-B40D-4FD80E608ED3.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 26
My Dad was in school when it happened. A bunch of men in his class left to enlist after this. Never flown before but went to pilot training and flew 30 plus missions in Philippines flying b-25 bombers. Truly the greatest generation.
Greatest Generation indeed! My grandfather fought in the war and was lucky enough to make it home.

I lived on Oahu for about 10 years and drove by Peral Harbor almost every week, went on the side of the hills that overlooked Pearl harbor and the Cemetry/Monuments. Went to Ceremonies every Dec 7th.
Been on the

USS Arizona Memorial

and had the opportunity to fly over the ship by Helo to see the ship underwater from above. Very somber moments thinking about all the lost Sailors, Marines, Army, Civilians, and Japanese Pilots from that "Day in Infamy". I also had the opportunity to Scuba Dive right outside the harbor and collected bullets on the ocean floor from both sides.
Every year when I was on Oahu they would bring survivors from that battle of ra ceremony on December 7th. I think that today there were only 68 survivors to attend.
It is hard to believe that this was probably the most historical day in our Country's history and the recognition gets less every year.
The United State of America was the most POWERFUL Country in the WORLD and a small island country brought us to our knees because WE didn't see the writing on the wall. I see the same thing happing to the USA now. We didn't learn anything from the past. Look at 9/11!!!
Look at what is going on now it the world. Does anyone think that this can't happen again?
I PRAY for our Country everyday and hope that we can keep our GREAT Nation for our children, grandchildren and generations to come.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
THANK ALL THE SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN AND CIVILIAN CONTRACTORS FOR MAKING THIS GREAT COUNTRY!
Len & Jill

Last edited:
I'm a patriotic, true green Marine & American man fighting machine. I am able to realize the sacrifice, courage, and straight up selflessness of those who gave their lives in the defense of this nation. However, it is so hard for me to ponder all these men and women who gave their lives for this country, and look at this country now and how it repays their memory. Stolen election, liberal democrats like Nancy Pellosi, AOC, the Squad, Schumer. The leftist media, Political correctness? I am so sorry for all those who gave their lives for the present state of this country.