Peak44 rifle stocks

Going to bump this back up. Did you get your rifle done and ready? I should be ordering one for the wife here shortly.

They a couple of men down at the gunsmith and are running behind. I spoke to them this morning and they promised to have it done by Friday of next week. I'll post the pictures asap. I wish I had done it myself if I knew they where going to be this long. As they had it 3 1/2 months. But check this post next weekend and I should have the pictures up.

I know the gun smith saga. When I lived in Colorado I need a barrel pulled and installed it took them 9 months…. Thankfully I have a smith now that is fantastic and meets deadlines he quotes!

End result of my Peak44 on my Weatherby 257

Attachments

• 20220930_182618.jpg
    20220930_182618.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
I ordered mine specifically for proof barrel.
I think the stock is amazing. On par with Allterra, AG composites so forth.

The butt pad is a little soft if set on a hard angle in the gun cabinet but if you leave it setting squarely no worries.
I built a 300 PRC came out REALLY REALLY light. Had to put a brake on it to tame recoil.

Stock came in five weeks from order to the day! Noting but positives from me.

I'll get some photos up here but did put some on another thread if you search.
.tempImageX9nWq5.png

Last edited:
Alot pic

The butt pad is a little soft if set on a hard angle in the gun cabinet but if you leave it setting squarely no worries.
I built a 300 PRC came out REALLY REALLY light. Had to put a brake on it to tame recoil.

I wish you the best with your, as for mine I will never pick another that goes with the metal as well! I know it's only gun lovers will understand but I'm ok with that totally. Mine is a Vanguard and I was a little worried about the gun (1 in 10 twist but; it shoots light out with 90gr GMX and shows a great lot of promise with Hammer Hunters 92gr .550", as well as Barnes TTSX 100gr & LRX 101gr. But I had to send it in for bedding which took 2 months due to the gunsmith had health problems. But really looking forward to playing with it. As far as powders; 7828ssc, RL23 & had some AA3100 stocked up under the 90 gr GMX's and 92gr Hammer Hunter. Kinda looking at some RL26 if I can find it! Lol my gun is breaked as well, don't know if it's needed as the set up is light, but I brought a little heavier scope to tame it as well.

Attachments

• 20220930_184620.jpg
    20220930_184620.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132

.View attachment 397766
Good looking rifle for sure, really like the way you put the colors together, Nice

.View attachment 397766
I wish mine made it in 5 weeks. Ordered one in August for a 700 mountain rifle and was told 60 days. I called last week and was told roughly the same, end of October.