Peace River, Alberta Bucks

The deer are big up that way for sure, I shot a whitetail not too far away from Peace River to the east that was between 220 and 225 on the scale and the locals said it looked a little puny, 300 is definately not uncommon.

I just looked on Google Earth and it appears to be 182 miles. Bear Paw runs out of St. Isidore which is NW of Athabasca.

All of those pictures you posted were of really nice animals. I may have to look into a muley hunt.

Hopefully I'll have more to report in December.

Are you heading back up this year?

MagMan

I've been going up on average every year for the past 4 or 5 I guess, sometimes twice a year just to kick arond and throw rocks at the river(s). I don't know about Alberta this year yet, I want to hunt in Wisconsin (Buffalo County) with family and friends there and the two seasons take up a lot of time.

Those mulies were taken ~ 100 mile due west of Peace River (city) just north of the Peace River (water) and about right on the B.C. border, little place called Cherry Point.

The whitetail and black bear were take over near Athabasca as you suspected, Calling Lake and east of Slave Lake area too.

Hey Magman i have seen those pics earlier this past December and it was funny when i saw them here @ long range hunting.
A friend of mine is been going up there for 4 years and he is been telling me to go with him , finally he convinced me to go this coming November for a whitetail hunt.
Maybe i will meet your father and your uncle i will be there on the last hunt which is around thanksgiving.
Tell your dad congrats on those deer but specially the one he killed last year **** thats a hell of a deer.
My friends name is JP tell your dad i am sure he knows him.

greek, we're going on the Nov. 11-20th hunt. My father, brother and I are going on that hunt because I think there are fewer hunters which means a more peaceful trip (like 10 compared to 20). This year the best week was the second to last as far as averages per week goes. I do suppose the guys who are on the last hunt want monsters so they either shoot a big one or nothing at all.

here is another one of the bucks killed this past season
[ if it works] [image]
2whmihg.jpg
[/image]

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.