PDA for Nightforce software?

Just about any Palm will run Exbal, which is the same as the NF software. The software doesn't require much memory at all. I've been using a little Palm Zire for several years with absolutely no problems and my hunting buddy also uses a Palm and has never had any problems.

If you need "computer type capabilities" in addition to the Exbal software then the PPC is the way to go. In my case, the only thing it has to do is run Exbal so I get along just fine.;);)

Would the Palm TX be a good one? It got the best CNET.com review and you can get them for around $100-150 off ebay.

Hi,
I run my Exbal on PALM TX, and also on HTC TOUCH Phone PDA for more then a year.
As "SS7MM" review you can run it on any PDA.
The only problem with Windows base PDA is the very short batery life. On my TX i can run the exbal for more then 2 weeks without recarging the device.
On the other hand on the HTC Touch Phone PDA I have to recharge the device every day or every second day.

I bought a Dell Axim X-50 pocket computer with all the bells and whistles for around $150. It was like new in the box and came with the GPS option and all of the supporting software. . I also bought the Night force software from Bill Shehane. I haven't used the gps around here, but if a guy were to take it hunting in unfamiliar territory it could be of some use. I also have a Kestrel 3500, but I don't know if I trust the elevation #'s it is spitting out at me. Using the elevation from the GPS along with inputting all of the info from the Kestrel into the Night force program on the pocket PC takes the guesswork out of most of the long range shooting. The only problem with all of those electronics is the cold temps....things tend to shut down!!!

Good luck

Parker,
I'm curious if you have made a decision? I went with an HP iPAQ 111 runing windows mobile 6.0.
I am pretty happy with my choice.

No, I have not. I am waiting untill I have some income coming in this summer.(college kid= BROKE!) but I will snoop around at the model you have recommended.
Thanks Parker

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.