PCP air gun

Go to Pyramydair, Airgundepot, Airgunsofarizona, to name a few. Those are the biggest retailers.

You can buy an Umarex Gauntlet for instance, for right around 400 bucks in a few different calibers. Then you'll either need to pair it with a hand pump, or a SCUBA tank, or a compressor. I use a little Chinese-made compressor branded GX.

Nicer options of course cost more money. But just like in centerfires we talk about here all the time, there are the secondary costs that come along with the gun purchase. And those have to be figured in too.

Most people consider FX airguns to be in the top three brands. But with those, you'll start at around a grand. Same thing with most of the big bore airguns

Just took the dive. Been looking around at a few different ones, but the Benjamin craftsman series really appealed to me. The Cayden looks really nice, but ended up picking up a second hand Kratos for $325 to my door. Threw on a "spare optic" I had laying around and ordered a hand pump just to get started. Apparently lots of guys are liking the Yong Heng compressors. Cheap, easily worked on WHEN you need to and they all have problems til you get into the $1500+ range (my observation on that from reading other guys bantering). Hand pumps- seems to be plenty of guys use them with success. It looks like a PITA, but that's where I'm going to start. I'm a fairly big guy and fairly fit, so it'll be a "workout extension"… the advice I got from one guy was that the marauder is a great gun, but the newer craftsman series add modern technology and features. Anyways, here's a pic of mine
66A81C13-4258-47E9-BB7F-10EDCD7C6053.png

It'll be a starling's nightmare. I have the Kratos in .25 and love it. What do you think about the customizable trigger shoe? I love that about mine.

Edited to add: I thought the water cooling of the Yong Heng was a PITA so I went with a much smaller compressor branded FX. Not to be confused with the makers of FX airguns.

O.P.....if we're taking this too far off topic, feel free to say so.

Airgun detectives was the one that I learned the trigger adjustment from. I have mine set ridiculously light. But boy there aren't very many squirrels that get to tell the tail of seeing the end of the barrel.

Lol! Should have an air tank by the end of the week. There's a paintball outfit about 5miles from my house that'll fill it for a few bucks. The Kratos was shipped to me with a nearly-full bottle, but that precious air is waning. Just enough air to get dialed in and plink a little bit. Probably sent around 60 shots so far. I don't think this is a sport to get into to save money…

First starling just bit the dust… at 93 yards… first shot was actually a miss low left, but I watched the pellet hit, adjusted the hold in the reticle and throat-punched him. Think I'm hooked.
Now that's what I'm talking about! I started out years ago with a pump BB pellet gun ,I was a kid . Then four years ago I bought a springer but I was never happy with the accuracy and said I would not do it again or spend more money.Well I just did hopefully this one will make me happy.
A367FC0C-466A-470C-AC5D-8D3E6266E9BD.jpeg