PBB. Barrels

They must have improved their quality in the last year, I'm 1 for 3 with PBB.
They're about the worst I've seen for copper fouling, and accuracy was eradic.
I got the 3rd barrel as a warranty replacement last year after I spent weeks raising hell with them about the issues I had with the first two.
It initially came in with a bad reamer job and had to go back, now it shoots around .7 so at least I got one shooter out of the deal

They must have improved their quality in the last year, I'm 1 for 3 with PBB.
They're about the worst I've seen for copper fouling, and accuracy was eradic.
I got the 3rd barrel as a warranty replacement last year after I spent weeks raising hell with them about the issues I had with the first two.
It initially came in with a bad reamer job and had to go back, now it shoots around .7 so at least I got one shooter out of the deal
This is why I want to see chambering and rifling before I lay my money down.

For those who don't know, Preferred is basically the same company as Match Grade Machine. I have been buying Encore and Contender barrels from MGM for almost 15 years. Of the dozens that I have had/still have, I have only had one "bad" one. It was a 6.5TCU Contender barrel that came with a very short throat. It shot the <120 grain bullets acceptably, but I couldn't get a 140 to chamber without seating the bullet way too far into the case. I sent it back to them so they could open up the throat, but it came back not much better than it went to them. I ended up trading it to a buddy who didn't mind shooting light bullets. I got an MGM 7-30 waters barrel in trade.

Overall every one of them cleaned up well and shot great. I just put the money down on my first "regular" rifle barrel from PBB, and I am confident that it will be right in line with my expectations.

But back then MGM used other people's barrels. Just the last couple years have they started making their own barrels. My last MGM barrel was an X-Caliber barrel.