PBB. Barrels

I have 4 barrels from Preferred. All have been fantastic shooters and easy to load for.

Steel 7mm Sherman Shortmag
Steel 338 Sherman Shortmag
Carbon 300 PRC
Carbon 300 Win Mag

Here is an example of what you can expect from these barrels.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 190
5 barrels and counting! All really good shooters. Last barrel was 1:8tw .270Win throated based upon 2 dummy rounds I sent them with desired jump and free bore. They NAILED it and shoots sub 1/2MOA. So far, shoots pretty much anything well. Bores do not foul. This was a Remage and headspaced perfectly.

I am getting ready to order 30-06 with similar free bore to go old school 30-06 "longer" range 06.

So far, PBB seems to actually "listen" to what the customer wants and provides exactly what was asked for "within reason" of course. Bryce is good contact there.

Last edited:
Here is a group from the last one I had done. It was a 6mm Creed for a buddy

Attachments

• 9643F308-72F7-46CA-A848-C09C186110A2.jpeg
    9643F308-72F7-46CA-A848-C09C186110A2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 108
5 barrels and counting! All really good shooters. Last barrel was 1:8tw .270Win throated based upon 2 dummy rounds I sent them with desired jump and free bore. They NAILED it and shoots sub 1/2MOA. So far, shoots pretty much anything well. Bores do not foul. This was a Remage and headspaced perfectly.

I am getting ready to order 30-06 with similar free bore to go old school 30-06 "longer" range 06.

So far, PBB seems to actually "listen" to what the customer wants and provides exactly what was asked for "within reason" of course. Bryce is good contact there.
Resurrecting an old post… I'm really curious if you did the additional lapping service, or not. Is the bore quality, break-in, long term copper fouling, etc acceptable without having the barrels lapped?

Thinking about ordering one or two of their barrels, and would like to hear folks' experience with them either lapping, or not. Thanks!

Last edited:
I recently tried to order a 9.3 Hayek from them but couldn't get the twist i wanted. Had to go elsewhere. First time they didn't have what i needed.

Resurrecting an old post… I'm really curious if you did the additional lapping service, or not. Is the bore quality, break-in, long term copper fouling, etc acceptable without having the barrels lapped?
Did not get lapping done, so far bores are fine relative to fouling. I do not see excessive copper fouling, bores clean up nicely. Break in was really fast IMO. I haven't seen need for lapping ... yet. Getting ready to order another PB for 30-06 1:9 with extended throat. I find PB really easy to work with in defining barrel parameters and then delivering what you expect.
YMMV

I would love to see some bore scope pictures of rifling and chambering. No one has posted up any when asked.

I have 5, no lapping service on any, and all shoot fantastic. I don't have a bore scope and don't need one, so no pics. 2 308's, 300 WSM, 7-08 switch barrel, and 6mm Creed. All clean easily. All were received on or before when promised. I just received a blank from them also within 10 days that my local smith will be chambering.

5 Shot group from my Kelbly Atlas, 18" shouldered prefit 308 Win.

Attachments

• D523CAB2-5ECD-4852-9C6B-150108492A61.jpeg
    D523CAB2-5ECD-4852-9C6B-150108492A61.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
First 3-shot, 100-yard group after sight-in. .25-06 AI, 133-Berger, R-25. Just before Christmas. 7.5" twist. Standard sporter contour. 26" long. Cleans up with 5 patches of KG-1.

Attachments

• DSCN1072.JPG
    DSCN1072.JPG
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I was in the process of cleaning my new (used)
6arc. Almost done
Here are 2 videos.
27 in, 3r, 7.5tw.
Sorry the file extensions for videos are not allowed.
Any suggestions for a better app for teslong?

Last edited:
I received a pre-fit last week from Preferred Barrel Blank. I bore scoped it and found it to be as good as any barrel I've looked through. The bore measures .2999-.3000" as near as i can measure with my reamer pilots. Can't wait to spin it on and give it a whirl.
Best communication I've ever had with any gun related company.
Anyone running one of their rifle barrels?
I've gotten 3 of their pre-fits chambered in 6.5 Sherman, .264 Win, and 25-06 ai. All have been outstanding. Break in quickly, very easy to clean. All have shot 1/2 MOA or better with hand loads. The communication I've had with Bryce has been great also.