PB archery Buck

Eastcoastshooter375

After watching nice deer all summer and into mid september, I had high hopes of getting a chance at one (of the 5) shooter bucks I'd been seeing. Every available evening was spent shooting the bow, tuning the bow, or stalking groundhogs. The groundhog population is WAY down now. 7 got the arrow with closest being 22 yards, furthest 81 yards. There's one left and he's gotten too smart.

With all that practicing and live targets to stalk, I set my stand and waited. Hunted as much as I could from first sat in october until november 9th when the stars finally aligned. It was almost dark when he came crashing through the thicket chasing 3 does. He slipped by me before I could get on him. I knew I'd missed my chance, but continued to watch. when the does went into the field, he made a U-turn to get water from the creek. he was Standing in the creek, I ranged, settled the pin and slowly squeezed. I heard it hit, he took off running for 20 yards then stopped broadside and stomped. Unable to see what was going on, I ranged and grabbed another arrow. When I came to full draw, I saw him tumble.

I had taken my biggest archery buck and couldn't believe how fast it had happened. 4 days later while at work, I see his twin 9 pointer tending a doe within 100 yards of my tree stand. Let the games begin again.

upload_2019-11-14_22-5-45.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.