PayPal warning?

Huntsman66

I see an advisory at the bottom of the classified section that says not to accept money from ppl on PayPal. Where is the danger in this? I know everyone on here including me uses it. Anyway i just wasn't sure where all the danger lies, other than them not liking 2A things..

Thanks

I see an advisory at the bottom of the classified section that says not to accept money from ppl on PayPal. Where is the danger in this? I know everyone on here including me uses it. Anyway i just wasn't sure where all the danger lies, other than them not liking 2A things..

Thanks
It says be careful using PayPal friends & family as there is no protection if you get scammed.

Yeah i get that… maybe im just overthinking it, if they send you the money and it goes into the account then its done. If they done send you the stuff on the other end you are screwed anyway. I guess i took it as if PayPal was messing with you in some way…

Yeah i get that… maybe im just overthinking it, if they send you the money and it goes into the account then its done. If they done send you the stuff on the other end you are screwed anyway. I guess i took it as if PayPal was messing with you in some way…
The "friends and family" sales have no protection, Regular Paypal transactions come with full buyer protection.

The "friends and family" sales have no protection, Regular Paypal transactions come with full buyer protection.
The problem is sometimes PayPal locks up the money in a regular sale and there is risk they will never unlock it so folks don't like that whole buyer protection thing.

I sold a guy like $400 worth of ammo once. PayPal locked the funds down. I told him I needed clear funds and offered a couple different ways to send them to me. I refunded his money as I never received it. PayPal said I just needed to send them a tracking number that showed delivery, but there was also some clause about the customer accepting delivery. Why would I risk that since selling ammo would surely violate some terms of use for them….

You get absolutely no protection from Paypal, regardless of whether FF or not, as soon as they find out it is firearms related. What you probably WILL get is both parties' accounts closed, plus PP will steal any available funds from either party when they find out it's for anything firearms. Several people have told me of this happening to them, sometimes to the tune of thousands of dollars. I use PP occasionally, always FF, never a problem. No way would I ever do a transaction that netted those left wing ***** any money.

You get absolutely no protection from Paypal, regardless of whether FF or not, as soon as they find out it is firearms related. What you probably WILL get is both parties' accounts closed, plus PP will steal any available funds from either party when they find out it's for anything firearms. Several people have told me of this happening to them, sometimes to the tune of thousands of dollars. I use PP occasionally, always FF, never a problem. No way would I ever do a transaction that netted those left wing ***** any money.
The F&F just changes who pays the fee, the sender does instead of the receiver.

Paypal isn't doing squat for free.

I've done plenty of F&F, both sending and receiving. Neither party pays a nickel. All the money goes from the sender to the receiver. Perhaps you are thinking of paying F&F with a credit card. THAT, they do charge for. But from your bank account, no charge.