Payback's a b**** (pictures)

I love deer/elk/aodad hunting but I don't hunt whatever could turn around and start hunting me, congrats doing what I am scared to.

I lied, I talked to the taxidermist and he said there was an exit right behind the shoulder. I looked all over and never saw anything. Hit her in the front of the right shoulder quartering towards and she dropped immediately. Not at all saying bad about bergers, Ive seen plenty of damage on other kills. Glad this one decided to go right through.View attachment 81999 View attachment 82000

Motherf'er that's a scary looking mount. God ****...I'd **** myself if woke up in the middle of the night, turned the light on, and saw that.

I have been in on nearly 500 coyote kills but have never killed a wolf. I must put that on my list of things to do.
That is a beautiful rug...I'd love to kill one and have that done.
I didn't realize that their numbers were up like they are either. All the more reason to pay the piper and head west! I hate coyotes for what they do to our deer population here in Iowa and shoot them just for spite. I can understand how you would feel the same in regards to protecting your elk herd.

They brought the things in here to kill all the game so that there is no need for hunting. That way they can take our guns since we no longer need to hunt in order to control game populations.

Yes they have been pretty tough on game populations across the west. Only a small fraction of the elk that once were in Yellowstone.

Steve
Wolves have wiped out 40%+ of the Elk in, Central Idaho and they are now within, 20 Miles of Boise ! Shoot every Wolf, you can !! We will NEVER, get rid of them!

What year were the wolves released up there ??? Was it in the 80's ?? How long did it take to really bring the #'s of Elk down ?? Sorry for all the questions but I live in South Georgia our problems are Hogs & Coyote. The wolves interest me

@ Whiskey, In the mid 1990's, Idaho HAD about, 195,000 Elk in the State !
The "doo Gooder's" planted 20-30 Wolves from CANADA, (in 1996 or, so IIRC) not our regular, Timber Wolves that, Montana, Idaho and Wyo,.. ALREADY, HAD ! But the Tundra Wolves that keep the Caribou herds, in "check" in Canada ! The Fed's, did NOT allow, Hunting Wolves for a Decade ! So NOW we have, 3,000 PLUS wolves in Idaho alone and they are, EATING,.. "OUR", Elk, Deer and Moose !!! What,.. a MESS ! This is just a PLOY to get legal Hunting, stopped ! as, WHY, bother going hunting, there's NOTHING to Hunt, anymore ! And they, wonder WHY people, DON'T "trust",.. the Government !
Come to Idaho and Hunt Wolves we have,.. Plenty !

@ Whiskey, In the mid 1990's, Idaho HAD about, 195,000 Elk in the State !
The "doo Gooder's" planted 20-30 Wolves from CANADA, (in 1996 or, so IIRC) not our regular, Timber Wolves that, Montana, Idaho and Wyo,.. ALREADY, HAD ! But the Tundra Wolves that keep the Caribou herds, in "check" in Canada ! The Fed's, did NOT allow, Hunting Wolves for a Decade ! So NOW we have, 3,000 PLUS wolves in Idaho alone and they are, EATING,.. "OUR", Elk, Deer and Moose !!! What,.. a MESS ! This is just a PLOY to get legal Hunting, stopped ! as, WHY, bother going hunting, there's NOTHING to Hunt, anymore ! And they, wonder WHY people, DON'T "trust",.. the Government !
Come to Idaho and Hunt Wolves we have,.. Plenty !

What is the season for hunting them ?? Or is it now open season yearound ?? I am for sure not in the know about elk or wolves but it seems odd that the Goverment would do this.
Are there any figures on how many pups there are per litter ?? Seem the numbers have grown quickly.

Thank you for the reply.

They have Fall ( Sept 1 ) to early spring seasons, but not I'm not sure of exact dates. Go to Idaho dept of F & G website for, correct answer on dates. Yes, huge numbers and they are in some very, remote / timbered country, so even tho being hunted they are, flourishing ! They have migrated to Washington and Oregon, already ! We now have, Federal "Trappers" paid about, $100, 000.00 per year, EACH to hunt these **** things by Helicopter,.. at Tax Payers, expense ! I have heard that, the Moose have been wiped out of, central Idaho and a huge number of, Elk,.. are GONE ! I'd be guessing at Pup's numbers of, 5 to 8 per litter, not sure !

They have Fall ( Sept 1 ) to early spring seasons, but not I'm not sure of exact dates. Go to Idaho dept of F & G website for, correct answer on dates. Yes, huge numbers and they are in some very, remote / timbered country, so even tho being hunted they are, flourishing ! They have migrated to Washington and Oregon, already ! We now have, Federal "Trappers" paid about, $100, 000.00 per year, EACH to hunt these **** things by Helicopter,.. at Tax Payers, expense ! I have heard that, the Moose have been wiped out of, central Idaho and a huge number of, Elk,.. are GONE ! I'd be guessing at Pup's numbers of, 5 to 8 per litter, not sure !

Thank you for the info. Sounds like our Goverment. Do something that isn't wanted in the first place. Then spend our money to try to fix the problem they created. Seems to never end !!!!! Do you activly hunt these wolves ???

Thanks again for the reply

Usually conspiracy theorists argue that instead of the Idaho plains wolf they got Canadian timber wolves. Not Idaho timber and Canada tundra.

There will always be people that can't stand the idea of any predators anywhere near "their" herd of whatever. I don't think that's how it should be personally. To me, the biggest issue was the unchecked population caused by the stretch of lawsuits during the delisting process.

Unfortunately in the lower 48 we have essentially put our mark on all the land there is, and we now have to manage everything because of it. that means we need to manage the prey and the predators.

I think some hunters and ranchers have a hard time realizing predators can be a good thing and just want the highest prey populations they can get. While on the other end the animal rights crowd doesn't understand what exploding unmanaged predator populations can do.

Episode 74 on Meateater podcast is worth a listen if you're interested in wolf issues.

Back when I was a kid in Iowa there was no such thing as a coyote in these parts. Along about 1970 we started seeing them more often when pheasant hunting. By 1980 their numbers had exploded. In 1982 we killed 138 coyotes and never got more than 10 miles from Grinnell, Iowa. Now for the most part the only time that you can call a coyote is in the fall before all the idiots with calls and not a lick of knowhow have them all educated. If you go sit in a brush pile all camoed up in the middle of January and see a coyote a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away then you best have played the wind right and planted yourself in his travel corridor. If you use any kind of call that late in the season the coyote will shift gears in the opposite direction. They are so call shy that it's counterproductive to even try.

There is no such thing as a farm cat anymore as the coyotes consider them a main staple. By February the coyotes are coming into town at night to eat pets and garbage. If a coyote will do that when hungry then I would imagine that a wolf would too.

When did our government ever regulate anything correctly....never!

New inhabitants of Crater Lake National Park, Oregon

Attachments

• 6608.jpeg
    6608.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 219
He's gotta come out of that park sometime and when he does someone needs to be laying in the weeds like a snake in the grass. Boom.........Whop! Does anyone else get a rush from that sound or is it just this old codger.Ha!
Thanks for the photo!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.