Pay attention to what you're buying

birdiemc

Found a good deal on a couple Timney Triggers so I picked them up, didnt bother to check and see if they would work on my rifle. But sure enough, right there on Timney's website, 517 with flat blade doesn't fit Rem 700 with magpul hunter. Thankfully I saved the factory bottom metal, so swapped that out and got it back together. Cant wait to shoot it, have to say dry firing it doesn't feel that much better than the stock trigger, but I have high hopes.

"doesn't feel that much different than the stock trigger". Did you adjust pull weight and over travel after pinning it on? All aftermarket trigger installs should include the use of a pull weight gage. Sear engagement should not be "iffy", and improper adjustment of over travel can cause mis-fires or failure to fire. By "feel" can get you into trouble. The pull weight should be gaged before and after the barreled action is installed in the stock and torqued down.

"doesn't feel that much different than the stock trigger". Did you adjust pull weight and over travel after pinning it on? All aftermarket trigger installs should include the use of a pull weight gage. Sear engagement should not be "iffy", and improper adjustment of over travel can cause mis-fires or failure to fire. By "feel" can get you into trouble. The pull weight should be gaged before and after the barreled action is installed in the stock and torqued down.
I don't have a gage to check trigger pull, so I just left it set at 3lbs it shipped at. As I have read from several gunsmiths here and other forums exactly what you said, dont do it by feel. My original comments were based on initial impression, just dry firing, I have to say I did like it very much once I actually put some rounds down range. Once i get a gage I'll adjust it down lighter, but for now I'm satisfied.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.