Patriot Solar Device Charger

They aren't the best, i have a few different ones.

They only charge my phone 1-2 times and take forever to recharge via solar. They need lots of direct sunlight to charge. If I put it on the outside of my pack while hunting it won't fully recharge if I'm in and out of the trees.
I prefer a std battery pack and separate charger-- I can use my bio lite stove to charge either the pack or my phone and cook or heat up my toes/fingers at the same time.

My wife got me the same one @FEENIX has and it works. Works for Android and apple
@Muddyboots, I got mine 2 days ago and it works like a champ as @LVJ76 noted. It came with a cable but it it did not fit with my phone. I used the charger cables and charged my phone as well as my wife's at the same time.

Solar charger.jpg

Last edited:
@Muddyboots, I got mine 2 days ago and it works like a champ as @LVJ76 noted. It came with a cable but it it did not fit with my phone. I used the charger cables and charged my phone as well as my wife's at the same time.

View attachment 230416

When my wife and I go hunting, camping, etc, I always take it with a full charge, it does take a day or two to fully charge with a wall charger. After that I keep it in the sun as much as possible, usually hanging from my pack throughout the day so the sun is always hitting it. Works great

Stay safe

I have two Solar panels that are light weight and fold up for portability. I can attach it to the top of my pack and hike while charging my phone. It takes about an hour and a half to fully charge an iPhone Xs. They have the ability to daisy chain together and create even more power to charge. The downside is they only have the USB adapter for charging.
I also have a small battery pack made by the same company that has the ability to charge a cellphone twice or charge AA/AAA batteries. You can also plug the solar panel into the battery pack and charge it up. The company is called Goal Zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.